Post ROM questions

LDubs

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I don't think I'm using it that often, just browsing forums and stuff like that, nothing real heavy like streaming music or watching long videos. My signal stays at 4G, pretty solid where i am, so something is draining the battery like nobody's business. From the time I wrote that to now, it dropped to 20% and I finally popped it on the charger. Ok, so I flashed RedBliss Theme in the middle of that (it rocks btw) but that shouldn't make a difference, should it? Or maybe I need to recalibrate after flashing something else?

It's pretty confusing b/c with powerboost baked in, I expected much better.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
IMO even constantly using to browse forums or web pages can be heavy usage, doesn't have to be just streaming stuff. The display being on and you doing stuff drains a lot more battery than it just sitting there idle. That's just the nature of the beast. My blackberry would get through a whole day just fine but if I was browsing as heavily as I do on my bionic with it, it would be dead by early afternoon. And no I don't believe you need to worry about calibrating unless you flash a new ROM....but it doesn't really hurt to recalibrate it if you think it might help, maybe it didn't get calibrated well last time you tried.

LDubs

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Agreed but my phone was sitting idle for a while and the battery kept dropping like a stone. Went from 40 to 20 in an hour with little to no activity. That doesn't seem right to me. I'm trying maximum battery saver mode now. On battery for about 4 hrs and only at 71%. Not sure I love it but we will see.

Sent from my [P]URIFI3D Droid Bionic

LDubs

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
New question - I was poking around \system\app in Root Explorer to see what had been removed as part of the Purity build, and now I'm slightly confused.. . for example I don't see an apk for Amazon Kindle, but I still have the icon in my App Drawer and it fires up. Same for Verizon Vcast Music, Tones - don't see the apk's but still have the icons (but didn't try to fire those up).

Thoughts?

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
You still have the icons for that bloat stuff? And you're on Purity? That's weird... Did you maybe by accident have TiBu restore more than you should have? I think that's what I did the first time I flashed Th3ory's ROM. Idk..

As for your battery life.. I would say it's gotta be something your running, because your battery drain definitely sounds somewhat high. What apps do you have running in the background? Use a lot of widgets? That stuff drains you because widgets are constantly running and updating and stuff like that. The only widgets I use are Beautiful Widgets home clock/weather, the Calendar widget that comes with Launcher Pro, and an Evernote widget which doesn't update or load anything unless you click it. See what you have running that you don't really need. Recalibrate your battery (charge FULL, wipe batt stats, discharge completely, recharge completely). Worse case scenario, just consider yourself a heavy user and since you bought the extended battery anyway maybe you should just use it, lol.

LDubs

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I know I didn't restore the vcast apps from TiBu, as I never use(d) them. So not sure about that one.

As for battery drain, it doesn't look like there's many apps running in the background (Settings, Manage Applications, Running) - tho Google Maps is running and comes back to life once killed... I don't use a lot of widgets - have a couple of Minimalistic Text widgets, My Coffee Card (doesn't do anything unless clicked), Jorte calendar, and a couple of tapatalk widgets. That's it.

I did calibrate the battery previously, guess I can do it again... at the moment I'm running the standard battery in maximum battery saver mode and am at 81% after about 4 hrs.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I know I didn't restore the vcast apps from TiBu, as I never use(d) them. So not sure about that one.

As for battery drain, it doesn't look like there's many apps running in the background (Settings, Manage Applications, Running) - tho Google Maps is running and comes back to life once killed... I don't use a lot of widgets - have a couple of Minimalistic Text widgets, My Coffee Card (doesn't do anything unless clicked), Jorte calendar, and a couple of tapatalk widgets. That's it.

I did calibrate the battery previously, guess I can do it again... at the moment I'm running the standard battery in maximum battery saver mode and am at 81% after about 4 hrs.
Lol bolded part sounds pretty good to me!! On that usage you'd get 20 hrs, mathwise, out of that charge... I think a lot of people would be pretty darn happy with that :)
EDIT: Didn't notice "max batt saver mode"... Idk if that's not bothering you maybe you should just keep it that way?

As for the bloat apps.. If you're up for it I would probably just wipe and re-flash the ROM again, if it bothers you. Like I said, a similar thing happened to me my first ROM install, wound up with all my bloat back. Not even sure why it happened, but since then whatever I did wrong I never did again because I've never had the issue again.

LDubs

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Lol bolded part sounds pretty good to me!! On that usage you'd get 20 hrs, mathwise, out of that charge... I think a lot of people would be pretty darn happy with that :)
EDIT: Didn't notice "max batt saver mode"... Idk if that's not bothering you maybe you should just keep it that way?

As for the bloat apps.. If you're up for it I would probably just wipe and re-flash the ROM again, if it bothers you. Like I said, a similar thing happened to me my first ROM install, wound up with all my bloat back. Not even sure why it happened, but since then whatever I did wrong I never did again because I've never had the issue again.

soooo looks like I'm going to have to do this anyway due to not being on leaked 5.7.893 with updated kernel and radio... :':)-[

Feel like I just got to where I wanted as far as setup was concerned. oh well...

LDubs

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
new question: I installed the anasta pak for Purity and I'm not sure I love it. Any ideas on how to blow that away? Reflash the Purity Tpax I was on before?

LDubs

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
ok cool.. new question:

Which camera mod/hack is the best? I've seen both BLUR_MOD_CAM and RAZR_CAM.. I'm such a crackhead now that it's hard to keep track. I need a fast camera that allows me to save on my external SD card.

Edit: RAZR_CAM is a hybrid Razr-Bionic cam created by DroidTh3ory that he calls Frankencam....http://rootzwiki.com/topic/9329-razr-camera/

Edit 2: acc to the Rootzwiki post, it won't save to the SD-EXT so that's prob not what I want.

Anywho, anyone tried out both? I'm running the 1st and it seems fine, but like I said, I'm a crackhead now, always looking for another fix...;)

Last edited:

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Yeah the first one works fine as it saves to sd-ext which is nice. Not that fast but doesn't bother me as I don't use my phone for pictures all that much. The MIUI cam is much quicker but only saves to internal.

csimme01

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I looked but can't find an answer. I am running SHIFT3R 2.3 with IC3 and love it but there are buttons that are almost impossible to read. Clear cache and force stop as an example. Is it just me? Any ideas or fixes?
Thanks in advance

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I looked but can't find an answer. I am running SHIFT3R 2.3 with IC3 and love it but there are buttons that are almost impossible to read. Clear cache and force stop as an example. Is it just me? Any ideas or fixes?
Thanks in advance

Not unless you know about editing the coding on your own. I believe th3ory knows about that and said he'd make it easier to read in the next updates. I suppose if you remind in the thread it couldn't hurt.

csimme01

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Not unless you know about editing the coding on your own. I believe th3ory knows about that and said he'd make it easier to read in the next updates. I suppose if you remind in the thread it couldn't hurt.
Thanks, Not a code kind of guy, guess I will wait.

idivorceyou

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I bought and use camera zoom fx and it is fast and was a huge improvement over bionic stock. It was $5. One of the only non freeware apps I use and is great. Won't flash a replacement camera until all my forum peeps bless it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital