Post ROM questions

Bionic Bobsled

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
So after reading and researching "How To" on here I was able to successfully root and ROM my 2 week old Bionic. I installed Th3ory's R3BLURR3D_V2.0_PBX_UPDATE_FULLSYS.zip found here. Anyway, I seem to have lost all my contacts and all the previously installed apps from market. When I go to the market they appear as installed but they don't appear on my bionic. I'm I doing something wrong? Is there a fix for my apps as well as re-loading my contacts? If I go back to Verizon and hand them the phone for them to reload my contacts am I asking for trouble? Can they even do it?

Any help is appriciated.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
You do NOT want to go to verizon and ask for their help right now, lol...

For your contacts, you probably had them as all Backup Assistant contacts... Th3ory took out backup assistant with the rest of the bloatware in his ROM. So what you do is log in to My Verizon from your computer, click around until you find the Backup Assistant on there... its not super obvious took me a few minutes to find it but its there. Select all your contacts in there and export it as a .csv file to your computer. Then go into your main gmail on your computer and import that file to your contacts, again not too hard to figure out in google.com/contacts. Now all your contacts will be in google and you won't be reliant on vz anymore for their backup thing. They should automatically sync to your phone if you use that google account. If you're like me, you'll want to edit them a bit and I find that way easier to do on that google.com/contacts page, everything you edit should automatically sync to your phone as well.

Your market apps should have automatically re-downloaded from the market when you activated the phone after flashing the ROM. If they didn't, I believe you can push them to your phone from the market website, or otherwise find a way to easily redownload them.

Bionic Bobsled

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
2defmouze, I did find your other thread where you suggested this

Here's a trick.. Log into your vzw account on their website, go into the backup assistant on there.. Took me a min to find but not hard.. Then export all your contacts to a .csv file on your computer, then import that into your google account. After you sync with your phone you'll have them all and no longer be reliant on backup assistant.

I did it and it worked. Thanks!!

As far as the prevously installed apps not reappearing, that's still an issue. I'll give it some time. I'm indoors and spotty connection so see what happens when I get outside. Have you seen that before?

Reactions: Fable

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
As far as the prevously installed apps not reappearing, that's still an issue. I'll give it some time. I'm indoors and spotty connection so see what happens when I get outside. Have you seen that before?

No problem, glad that first part worked out for you. With the app thing... The market apps SHOULD just redownload and install themselves... however I think one time on like one of my first flashes they did not because I may have told it not to. Unfortunately, the "easiest" thing I can think of is to re-flash the ROM.. doing a full system/data wipe, wipe cache, wipe dalvik, then flash the ROM. After letting it settle in a few minutes, when you activate by putting in your google log in info, one of the first things you'll see is it asking/telling you that it will sync your contacts, settings, wifi passwords, and apps. There are check boxes to verify that you want it to do that, just make sure they are all checked, and it should start the downloading at that point.

jayman350

Feb 24, 2010
Visit site
before wiping everything and starting over from scratch, go into manage apps>all find the market and market updater apps. wipe cache and data for each one. this will make the market reload all of your info and can sometimes clear up issues w/ apps showing as installed when they really aren't

Bionic Bobsled

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Sorry about the delayed reply folks, so after waiting an hour or so, I went back into the market website in "my library" and all of a sudden I was able to pick and choose then install my apps. Sooo, disaster averted.

Thanks again to everyone for their suggestions.

lpbenedetti

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I have a question. I flashed Th3ory's R3BLURR3D_V2.0_PBX_UPDATE_FULLSYS.zip. I loved the ROM. Can I flash the Verizon update .893 for the better radio or should I have flashed that first?

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I have a question. I flashed Th3ory's R3BLURR3D_V2.0_PBX_UPDATE_FULLSYS.zip. I loved the ROM. Can I flash the Verizon update .893 for the better radio or should I have flashed that first?

Need to do that first. OTA can only be flashed over the STOCK system. If you're missing any bloatware (which on his ROM, you're missing all of it, lol) the OTA will just not install.

Revert to stock using R3L3As3Droot And 43V3R Root For The Bionic V2.1 - RootzWiki
Root, ForeverRoot using Forever root + .893 = winning! - xda-developers
Apply the update using the cheesecake app you see on that page..
Then go back and flash the ROM.

LDubs

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Is that first link only for a bricked Bionic? I keep thinking I want to root, flash rom's etc but I'm getting more and more confused...:confused::confused::-[

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Is that first link only for a bricked Bionic? I keep thinking I want to root, flash rom's etc but I'm getting more and more confused...:confused::confused::-[

It will get you back to stock in any case, designed for people who bricked but its being used by anyone who wants to get back to stock.

Lol just read up and follow instructions, use your head. I just started doing this stuff a bit over a month ago and I've had ZERO problems because I THINK and READ and THINK more and READ more... lol

Now I'm at the point where I'm happy to help people, because I'm pretty confident in what I've been able to do and wouldn't have gotten there without people helping me in the forums :)

EDIT: Check the link I posted in a new thread

Last edited:

LDubs

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm running purity and cannot figure out how to get the new camera settings to save to my sd-ext. Anyone know how to do this?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm running purity and cannot figure out how to get the new camera settings to save to my sd-ext. Anyone know how to do this?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I don't think you can actually. Th3ory posted a flash of the Razr's camera actually though, its basically the same as the Bionic's stock one but a bit faster, and will save to your sd-ext. I've got it in my dropbox here:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/47300967/BLUR_MOD_CAM.zip

Just like any mod, put that on your sd-ext, wipe cache and dalvik and install it.

LDubs

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Anyone have a workaround for voice actions app, aka Jeannie? It doesn't appear to work with custom roms but somehow the new paid version does...? Seems a little shady.

Sent from my [P]URIFIED Droid Bionic

LDubs

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Anyone have a workaround for voice actions app, aka Jeannie? It doesn't appear to work with custom roms but somehow the new paid version does...? Seems a little shady.

Sent from my [P]URIFIED Droid Bionic

Still looking for answer for this, it's a very cool app (like Siri), may wind up paying for it.

But anywho, another question - now that I'm running Purity, do I need to go back and do the forever root hack again?

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Still looking for answer for this, it's a very cool app (like Siri), may wind up paying for it.

But anywho, another question - now that I'm running Purity, do I need to go back and do the forever root hack again?

No because you're on a ROM. You'd only need the forever root hack in place if you were on a stock system trying to do an OTA update. Any future ROM you put on there from this one will be fully rooted anyway.

As for the voice actions question, I think its a silly gimmick anyway so I just don't care. TBH Android has some pretty decent voice actions built in anyway. I use voice input to text people back when I'm driving sometimes and it honestly works very well. Just by holding the search button from your homescreen you can also tell it to send a text or email, call someone, open a website, search the maps for a location and get you directions.... All works pretty damn well too. If you're looking for something that will tell you jokes like Siri, then idk I don't have a recommendation for that... get an iPhone :p

LDubs

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Man, that hurts my feelings, talking about getting an iPhone... ;) It's a gimmick, but it's a really cool gimmick.

LDubs

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
ok so new question - my battery life on standard battery, even after recalibrating, still sucks pretty bad. I'm at 40% now after unplugging from charger about 7:30 this am. I had battery mode set to performance but maybe that's no good. I'm on 4G all the time b/c I want maximum speed, though I guess I don't really need it when I'm home, with good wifi signal. I just hate the thought of hamstringing this thing after moving to a ROM that is supposed to have powerboost, bloat removed, Blur removed to make things more streamlined... don't get me wrong, it's screaming fast, but battery life still is not where I'd like it to be. I do have the extended battery, but it's sooo.. heavy.

Thoughts? Tips? Ideas?

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Depends on your usage man. I've been on battery 9hrs now and I'm at 44%. While I'm at my job site its poor 4G coverage, so rather than have it constantly toggle between 3g/4g which really drains the battery, I just turn it on 3g only there. Otherwise I'm always on 4G, never use wifi. Sounds like your probably using it often or otherwise have something running thats using up battery ... or you're constantly switching between 3g/4g.... or some combination of all those factors. Even if its not switching data a lot, just being in a lower coverage area uses more antenna power and you'll see that reflected in a higher Cell Standby in your battery readouts.