need help going back to stock rom

snowwy66

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
don't get mad at me. and direct abusive posts my way. but here's my dillema.
i'm not home anymore except for limited weekends. i don't have time to read the internet. so i'm totally behind the times. i have no idea what the latest roms or updates are. and trying to sort through all the threads that crop up while i'm gone to find out what the latest is frustrating.

i have theory rom. but the last version i loaded has no landscape mode. i like the rom but it has the same damn glitches that stock rom has.

so i've decided to just go back to stock untill i have time to get caught up to date with what's going on at that time.

if any of you have the threads or know where to go. could you please me point in the direction of loading the stock rom with the latest update back on. AND keeping root.

it would greatly be appreciated.

i'm so digusted with the phone as it is. i'm seriously considering buying an HTC. the glitches are just annoying as hell. and i loved my htc with sprint.

as for right now. i just want the stock with whatever OTA has been released and keeping root. THANKS.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
This will get you back to stock: R3L3As3Droot And 43V3R Root For The Bionic V2.1 - RootzWiki

What do you mean you don't have landscape mode though? Like at all or just on your homescreens? If I remember correctly, blur doesn't have a landscape mode for the homescreens, but most 3rd party launchers do, i.e. I use Launcher Pro and it works fine. Are you sure you even have landscape mode enabled? Just trying to help...

snowwy66

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
the auto rotate screen was unchecked. thanks for the tip.

now i just gotta remember how to back the crap up. and be able to restore. LOL

Last edited:

snowwy66

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
allrighty. got er done. .886 version.

how do i get into the bootloader now? or the recovery or whatever yall call it. i've got bionic bootstrap and quickboot. neither one gets me into that bootloader anymore.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Lol...

To get into fastboot (sounds like thats what you're trying to say) you power down your phone. Hold Volume Down and press power. That's the fastboot menu. If needed, navigate it with Vol Down, make a selection with Vol Up.

jcan1003

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
This will get you back to stock: R3L3As3Droot And 43V3R Root For The Bionic V2.1 - RootzWiki

What do you mean you don't have landscape mode though? Like at all or just on your homescreens? If I remember correctly, blur doesn't have a landscape mode for the homescreens, but most 3rd party launchers do, i.e. I use Launcher Pro and it works fine. Are you sure you even have landscape mode enabled? Just trying to help...
It can't detect my device, and it's stuck on "ClockworkMod Recovery"
No back up files, no recovery files found.
Am I screwed?

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
HELP!!!!
My device is not being discovered on my PC
Breathe :)

1. Do you have the drivers installed? You should have installed them at some point from the link in one of the 2 sticky's at the top of this part of the forum..

2. Is USB debugging ON?

3. Phone set to USB Charge Only mode?

4. Try a reboot.

snowwy66

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
i'[m not trying to get into fastboot.

i want to get into the clockwork mod bootloader. so i can install zip files from the command menu.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
i'[m not trying to get into fastboot.

i want to get into the clockwork mod bootloader. so i can install zip files from the command menu.

Oh clockwork recovery is what you mean. You said you have bootstrapper? You just open that, click the first button, wait til it says its done, then hit 2nd button. That not working?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance