Is this even possible?

Sting23ray

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I have a rooted bionic with 5.5.886. I have successfully rooted it with Petes root tool.

Questions are :
1. If i use the factory image (FZX) released when the bionic first came out thru RSD lite and restore it back to factory defaults,
2. update the official OTA

After that:

1. Will I be able to root it again?
2. Will I be able to re-flash the factory image with RSD lite in an event I have to return it or take it to the VZ store for whatever reason? Or sell it to someone.....

Sorry for the long question guys.... Im just looking for some direction here....

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I have a rooted bionic with 5.5.886. I have successfully rooted it with Petes root tool.

Questions are :
1. If i use the factory image (FZX) released when the bionic first came out thru RSD lite and restore it back to factory defaults,
2. update the official OTA

After that:

1. Will I be able to root it again?
2. Will I be able to re-flash the factory image with RSD lite in an event I have to return it or take it to the VZ store for whatever reason? Or sell it to someone.....

Sorry for the long question guys.... Im just looking for some direction here....

5.5.866 is the stock OS.. if that's what you're on (you never applied any leaks) then you are fine. It looks like you will be able to root the first OTA (5.5.893) using the specific 1-click tool they posted in the thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/bi...5-updated-lost-root-1-click-root-working.html

Seems like everyone's having success with that. I can't speak on the new OTA 5.9.901 as I just don't have any info on that.

To the second question, if you only install the official OTA's you don't have to worry about re-flashing the stock image if you plan to sell it, its fine to sell a phone that's only received official updates, you aren't hurting anyone :)

Reactions: Sting23ray

Sting23ray

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for your response 2D. And yes sir.... Im on the stock OS here.

I completely get your point about not worrying about the FZX image... but the reason I was asking was if I ever completely screw up the phone (Which I have done in the past), FXZ recovery image has saved me in the past.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for your response 2D. And yes sir.... Im on the stock OS here.

I completely get your point about not worrying about the FZX image... but the reason I was asking was if I ever completely screw up the phone (Which I have done in the past), FXZ recovery image has saved me in the past.

Lol just don't do anything stupid :p :)