Need Help in the Kitchen! (UOT That Is)

DefectiveWeeble

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Ok. So I have my Bionic rooted and romed, however, I wanted to do a different battery icon and change the font. I went to UOT Kitchen and fixed everything up. I have the framework-res.apk and systemui.apk uploaded for it an everything, but when I try to flash it in recovery, it just says "installation aborted" No error, nothing. Just "installation aborted". I tried turning signature verification on and off, tried the workaround that UOT suggested, which was taking the update-binary file from the ROM and putting it into the zipped UOT folder, and that did nothing. So, any other ideas?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Could be script error with the package that you selected from the kitchen.. Grab a working flashable zip like a theme that you know "works" and remove everything from it leaving the framework and app folders in place. Then open the UOT zip and take the framework-res.apk and drop it in framework and the SystemUI.apk and drop it in app and use that zip to flash it....

Then at least you you know your working with a good script/zip package.

Little process of elimination, help narrow things down.

Reactions: DefectiveWeeble

DefectiveWeeble

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Is you flashing in stock recovery or clock recovery?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I'm attempting to flash it in CWM recovery. Do you think that would make a difference?

Could be script error with the package that you selected from the kitchen.. Grab a working flashable zip like a theme that you know "works" and remove everything from it leaving the framework and app folders in place. Then open the UOT zip and take the framework-res.apk and drop it in framework and the SystemUI.apk and drop it in app and use that zip to flash it.....

I'll see what I can do! Good plan, here. Thanks :)

DefectiveWeeble

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Could be script error with the package that you selected from the kitchen.. Grab a working flashable zip like a theme that you know "works" and remove everything from it leaving the framework and app folders in place. Then open the UOT zip and take the framework-res.apk and drop it in framework and the SystemUI.apk and drop it in app and use that zip to flash it....

Then at least you you know your working with a good script/zip package.

Little process of elimination, help narrow things down.

Well, that didn't do the trick either :( Same thing. Installation aborted. No excuse as to why. I wonder if I can tell someone else what I want and have them make it work for me? Lol. Oh well. Any other ideas?