Question about .901 update

Boogan1

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I am forever rooted, and have the .893 update installed. I installed titanium backup but my question is should I go ahead and get the .901 update before I go freezing a bunch of stuff? Is there anything else I need to do besides install the update? Thanks!

LDubs

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
If you want to go up to 901, don't freeze anything on 893. I would recommend, before anything else, just in case - install bionic bootstrapper, run it, hit the top button, wait for "success!", hit the second button to boot into clockworkmod, and do a backup. This way in case anything goes wrong, and I'm not saying it will, but just in case, you have a backup from which you can restore.

Reactions: Boogan1

Boogan1

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Is .901 going to want to install on my phone anyway? Are there advantages to updating to .901? Just tryin to make it all run smooth lol!

Boogan1

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Ok so I downloaded bionic bootstrap and installed, booted in to clockworkmod and backed up. Went into the phone and clicked on the system update and after checking it said i was up to date. It shows me running version 5.5.893. So I guess I will cross the .901 bridge when I come to it. Thanks for the help, from reading other posts sounds like I am a month or so behind you lol.

LDubs

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
901 was an "oopsie" OTA - it was only pushed to some users. If you want it, do a search, it's available, you can flash it in stock recovery (can find instructions for that around here too)...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2