How do I get Update 902 while on Eclipse Rom v 2.0

anicholas7

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I am currently on Eclipse Rom v.2.0 with system v .893. I am unable to get any OTA due to the white screen I get when I go to system update. (I am under the impression the white screen is there to prevent OTA updates that may bricking the phone). What is the proper way to get the update at this point and is it worth it. My phone runs pretty good at this point but I am always looking for updates that will improve the performance.

mbentley3

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Should always make a Android backup of your stock ROM. Also recommend using safe strap.

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk

LDubs

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
What is the exact version of 893 you're running? In settings, about phone...though I think you can use rsd light to fxz directly to 902, root it and you're good.

And yes if you're running a custom rom the system updates are blocked, on purpose.

Tapatalked from my Bionic

anicholas7

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Hi LDubs,

I do not understand what you mean by this. "( I think you can use rsd light to fxz directly to 902, root it and you're good)". Maybe you can guide me as to how to do this.

The exact version is : 5.7.893.XT875.Verizon.en.US
Thanks for your help.

LDubs

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
On my mobile so I can't post links. Do a search on rootzwiki for path saver or returning to upgrade path. Those should get you where you need to be. Basically you need to get to stock 902, rooted (do a search for motofail), back that up just in case, install safestrap, and flash away.

Tapatalked from my Bionic

anicholas7

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Hi LDUBS,
Sorry it took me so long to reply but I was unable to get anywhere with rootwiki. I search for the titles you listed but nothing came up.

McBane

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Yeah its really freakin annoying having to go completely back to stock to get an update while you can get updates just fine on HTC and Samsung phones with custom ROMs. I also love how you have to deal with the Verizon bloatware to install updates. I've almost had it with this bionic POS. I'm NEVER buying another Motorola product EVER again.