Safestrap issue

ngc457

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Yesterday was the first day I flashed a ROM on my bionic (experienced rom flasher on incredible). I created a non-safe backup of the stock rom I toggled to safe it did a backup and then flashed an ICS rom. The flash went great and the phone booted up to the new ICS rom just fine. I wanted to see how switching from non-safe to safe worked in switching roms. This did not go so well. I was not able to toggle to non safe. It did a backup and then when it tried to restore to my stock rom it failed. I had plenty of emmc space 4.5 gigs. Anyone have this issue? I was a little concerned as both my computers fail with RSDlite, so I can't go back to stock that way. Only thing I could do is fast toggle and that worked to get me back to non safe so I could restore my stock backup, which worked. Where did I go wrong. I am not so sure with the safestrap. I may flash roms like the incredible. Make a stock backup, flash a rom if I don't like restore the backup.

Lefty Drummer

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
For what it's worth I've been using safestrap for almost a month now with zero problems. Toggling between roms almost daily without any hickups. Just my two cents...

sorli

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
For what it's worth I've been using safestrap for almost a month now with zero problems. Toggling between roms almost daily without any hickups. Just my two cents...

Would love to know more about toggling between roms since I've had it in place for over a week running MIUI4Bionic with little problem.

Actually, before you answer and probably ask, I used Safestrap after rooting VRZ_XT875_5.9.902.XT875 and did the recommended initial backup (un-safe) of before initiating Safemode and then finally initiating Safemode and another backup (safemode).

Would you bypass this process and build two image builds and simply switch back and forth using Safestrap? Either way, Safestrap also work for me and have had little problems besides not really knowing what I'm doing. :) Sorli...

sorli

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I uninstalled the safe strap as I believe it is not reliable and went with bionic recovery boot strap.

I have limited experience with Safestrap, but plenty experience with Android ROMs. Either way, Safestrap was a COMPLETE nightmare and took about 24hrs of try, reinstall, purge, restart and try again. Wow, what a waste of a whole day, but then I'm sure it was my fault (impatience) and I'm just glad to be back in business.

Thankfully, I finally got my Droid Bionic back up and running using AOKP Axiom KANG ICS build that looked hot and have now moved back to the latest and reliable Bionic Bootstrap that is working perfectly, used without hesitation, and otherwise.

Good news AOKP is working pretty well (minor 3g data problems, but everyone has these problems) and we'll wait for something more official in the coming months. Sorli...

Lefty Drummer

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I just wanted to point out that I've seen it posted before elsewhere that Safestrap and the Bionic Bootstrap don't play well together. I just wonder if most people that have issues with one or the other may be caused by having both installed at the same time. I'm no expert by any means, but thought it worth mentioning again. I did initially have Bionic Bootstrap installed (only used it once to make a nandroid backup), but before installing Safestrap I uninstalled BB, rebooted and then installed Safe. No problems at any time...

sorli

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
^^ For me, I had Bionic Bootstrap previous too moving over to Safestrap, but per Safestraps explicit instruction remove Bootstrap prior to running and installing the new Safestrap. This actually, may be my problem and maybe some of the problems I was having with Safestrap related to leftovers of Bootstrap. Don't know and probably more like my Droid Bionic that has been iffy since day one and not a very stable Android device. Sorli...

3rdpig

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
The Axiom ROM is available at droidhive.com

Just for grins and giggles I installed Safestrap on my Bionic last night and then installed the AOKP ICS nightly (also available at droid hive) and it went smoothly and works fine. No video or BT in the ICS builds for the Bionic, but I'm sure that will change when the official is released.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes