Lost Root After Update: 2.3.4. How can I get it back?

Hiphiphooray

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I updated to 2.3.4 and lost my root. I have a few frozen apps on my phone that I would like to unfreeze but can't do that without root. Are there any simple ways to get my root back? I don't know to much about rooting, and was hoping that there would be a simple 1-click method for re-root or a in depth guide for dummies. =P Thanks

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I am pretty sure that the Motofail method by Dan Rosenberg works. His site says that it is for the Droid 4, but it should work with the Bionic as well.

Security Research by Dan Rosenberg

(I post this, though, hoping that you will spend some time learning more about rooting. The dark side of easy rooting methods is that people do not learn how to save themselves if something goes wrong.)

Hiphiphooray

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I am pretty sure that the Motofail method by Dan Rosenberg works. His site says that it is for the Droid 4, but it should work with the Bionic as well.

Security Research by Dan Rosenberg

(I post this, though, hoping that you will spend some time learning more about rooting. The dark side of easy rooting methods is that people do not learn how to save themselves if something goes wrong.)

Can anyone verify this? I'd like to try it, but don't want to ruin my phone. If I do this, and it fails, will it hurt my phone or just give me an error? Thx.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12