Mercury or DTEK60 - which would you choose, and why?

James Falconer

Former Community Manager
Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
The title pretty much says it all... hoping some current DTEK60 users will pipe up to offer their opinion here as well. Super curious to hear how many BB fans here on AC are excited for the Mercury!

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Great question James, this made me think a little. Firstly, i am VERY excited for the launch. Especially since it's a qwerty device. Love qwerty devices. It feels special this time around. Almost like Blackberry giving their last swing before retiring. :)

Now onto the question. Even though i said what i said above, I would take the DTEK60. Why?. Well because i currently have a Blackberry PRIV and I'm still enjoying the keyboard and I don't feel the need to change anything right now. However, if i didn't have the PRIV, then there would be absolutely no contest and i would get the 'Mercury'. Especially since of the rumoured Google Pixel camera sensor!

Why cant i have both for free? ^_^ hahaha.

mrfreeze

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Mercury is my pick. I already have my Priv that I can use as a slab. I'm anxious to get back using a PKB and the Priv just doesn't do it for me. I end up using the VKB most of the time.

Jamescunni

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
The title pretty much says it all... hoping some current DTEK60 users will pipe up to offer their opinion here as well. Super curious to hear how many BB fans here on AC are excited for the Mercury!

Keyboard is always tempting but going to stick with the DTEK60 just love the device have no need to replace it the BlackBerry vkb is excellent too but curious to see how it does intrigued about them using a snapdragon 625 I know people say it is pretty good but will people be put off by it?

Jason Cockerham

Community Review Team Leader
Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Oh I'm all about the Mercury! Dat keyboard tho....I love the keyboard on my Priv and am excited to have one again! Hopefully on some better software! The only thing I'm a bit worried about is the Snapdragon 625, but I'll reserve judgement until after it comes out and some folks have had time to mess with it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae