Just ordered these two items for my PRIV!

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Got these two from amazon. Silver carbon fiber skin and BlackBerry leather protective case.
b2c20795ccaa00908d18d9b24b7235e0.jpg
1a0ad1360b587180d51294bace43c58c.jpg

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Very nice choices! Were you torn between the Black and Tan leather cases or was it a simple choice? 😃 It literally took me 3 days to finally decide haha.

I also had a skin for mine but to be honest, it felt quite rough on the edges of the device and didn't feel that great in the hand. Hopefully yours is a little higher quality. Got mine from UKarbon.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Very nice choices! Were you torn between the Black and Tan leather cases or was it a simple choice? 😃 It literally took me 3 days to finally decide haha.

I also had a skin for mine but to be honest, it felt quite rough on the edges of the device and didn't feel that great in the hand. Hopefully yours is a little higher quality. Got mine from UKarbon.
What color case did you end up going with? For me it was the leather brown all the way. I love the look of this color brown leather. I decided right away but I almost went black because it was cheaper in price. You should really give Skinomi a try. Every phone I get I order a Skinomi skin for it. They fit perfectly and are very smooth no rough spots with Skinomi. They are better than dbrand to me as I didn't like dbrand at all. Their fit was too big and it overhang on the edges giving it a rough feel.

Did you get black or brown? Is it true there is a break in period as I read they fit tight at first until you break the leather in.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
What color case did you end up going with?

Is it true there is a break in period as I read they fit tight at first until you break the leather in.

I couldn't decide so I got both haha 😃 now on a weekly basis I swap between the 2 colours. Love them both. They were both $18 so was well worth it for me.

With regards to breaking in, Yes that is true. The case is very snug when you first get it but over time it does become a little more flexible but still holds the Priv in nicely.

You also get a nice little message from Blackberry in the case where your credit card is supposed to go. Nice little touch.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I couldn't decide so I got both haha 😃 now on a weekly basis I swap between the 2 colours. Love them both. They were both $18 so was well worth it for me.

With regards to breaking in, Yes that is true. The case is very snug when you first get it but over time it does become a little more flexible but still holds the Priv in nicely.

You also get a nice little message from Blackberry in the case where your credit card is supposed to go. Nice little touch.
That's a good idea! I may go ahead and order the black one too. It was only 6 dollars and the brown was 9.99. Great idea!

bobster922

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
That's a good idea! I may go ahead and order the black one too. It was only 6 dollars and the brown was 9.99. Great idea!

I did this exact thing about a week ago. Don't know if you found this to be true but I'm finding the black one is less rigid than the tan. Both are great cases and the pricing on amazon makes them pretty much free lol!

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I did this exact thing about a week ago. Don't know if you found this to be true but I'm finding the black one is less rigid than the tan. Both are great cases and the pricing on amazon makes them pretty much free lol!
I know! I went ahead and ordered the black one this morning as it was only 6 dollars. My brown one is supposed to be here today sometime. I'll report back how tight it is. The black one won't be here until Tuesday next week. I just like the brown color better. Reminds me of my small leather brown wallet. Plus I've always liked that particular brown leather color for some reason. I just ordered the black for back up and like you said it's almost free lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair