Are reception issues device dependant?

anon(522296)

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys I was wondering, I have a K1 I use on AT&T and the reception just bounces from 88dbm to 101dbm just sitting in my hand one minute to the next. The question is do you guys also see that kind of flucuation and do you think I have a hardware issue of some type? Now that an official AT&T K1 is coming out I was thinking of giving it a shot but IDK if this is still going to be an issue. I have one of the first unlocked K1s built so maybe I just got a bad unit? Do you see the same instability in signal?

modifier

Jul 13, 2017
Visit site
My KEYone wasn't great with reception compared to previous BB devices, especially BB10 units with Paratek antennas. Besides the notification bug, reception was the other major reason I returned it. It's a bummer, too, since it's otherwise a great device.

There are countless threads on signal and reception over on CB. Search for "keyone reception" and "keyone signal" in the search bar at the top of their forum to find more discussions. https://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-keyone-f445/

jgreg02

Aug 11, 2017
Visit site
variation in signal strength is normal and it matters what your phone is asking the tower for. The cell infrastructure is computer managed to provide the service, data or voice or just handshake, as required by the devices in range. The phones operate at the lowest power necessary to maintain handshake connection. The towers change band and hand off phones to other towers to optimize service.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1