Blackberry & Android 9

PowderJockey

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Wanting to know if there is any news about the Blackberry Key2 getting the Android 9 update?

If there are other threads on this, please point me in the right direction. I search the forums and did not find anything.

Thanks.

slivy58

Banned
Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
Wanting to know if there is any news about the Blackberry Key2 getting the Android 9 update?

If there are other threads on this, please point me in the right direction. I search the forums and did not find anything.

Thanks.

Have you checked out Android Central's sister site CrackBerry.com?

As for Pie on ANY BB device, my gut feeling is you won't be seeing it for several months to come and maybe not even this year.

PowderJockey

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I did search the Crackberry forums and there is not much there. Mostly wait and see. Thought maybe the Android people may have had some info.

Thanks for the reply

slivy58

Banned
Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
I did search the Crackberry forums and there is not much there. Mostly wait and see. Thought maybe the Android people may have had some info.

Thanks for the reply

Well I guarantee you if Pie were coming to a "BlackBerry near you" then without a doubt you'd hear about it first on CrackBerry.com vs Android Central. The problem is, BBMo is notorious for keeping tight lipped and going by what we've witnessed since our return to BB (Motion) don't foresee that changing any time soon.

Chuck Finley69

Trusted Member
Feb 22, 2015
Visit site

Thanks.

Welcome to Android Central and even for Android, CrackBerry has much specifically for the BBAndroid devices. Android Central is great for comparing what’s going on in Android real-time with all the major OEMs while the BBMo PKB devices are very niche.....

Again, welcome to both sites, post early and post often.....

PS @Elky64 was spot on regarding BB and PIE

Dunt Dunt Dunt

Q&A Team
Aug 10, 2015
Visit site
Well I guarantee you if Pie were coming to a "BlackBerry near you" then without a doubt you'd hear about it first on CrackBerry.com vs Android Central. The problem is, BBMo is notorious for keeping tight lipped and going by what we've witnessed since our return to BB (Motion) don't foresee that changing any time soon.

There are some leaks and rumors at this point... none of which are very good.

slivy58

Banned
Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
There are some leaks and rumors at this point... none of which are very good.

That's the problem, day in and day out the story never changes seemingly fading into the Abyss. Think if it did come at a point there'd be several happy campers alright yet the damage is already done imo. I frequent the CrackBerry site daily and it's a pretty sad sight in general these day if I don't say so myself.

Last edited:

dendron01

Banned
Aug 8, 2019
Visit site
Re: Blackberry & Android 9

That's the problem, day in and day out the story never changes seemingly fading into the Abyss. Think if it did come at a point there'd be several happy campers alright yet the damage is already done imo. I frequent the CrackBerry site daily and it's a pretty sad sight in general these day if I don't say so myself.

The same doom and gloom posted over and over, much of it unsubstantiated...with some of that spilling over here, apparently. Perhaps the CrackBerry regulars are getting bored playing whack-a-mole in their regular hangout, now that there is almost no one left to toy with.

Hopefully the cross-contamination stays to a minimum. I actually enjoy Android Central.

Last edited: