Priv will not turn on inside case

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have just bought a case for my Blackberry priv, but when I have it in the case it will not turn on. Does anybody know the answer to this please.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! First, can you confirm that the case was actually designed specifically for the Priv, or is it a universal case? Second, are you saying that when you press the Power button, nothing happens? Is there a cutout for the Power button, or does the case cover the Power button?

onlyvfr1

Nov 9, 2019
Visit site
Thank you Mustang for your joining information.
Answer to Biddys feedback is as follows.
1:It is not a Blackberry product it is after market but specific to the Priv.
2:When I put the mobile into the case the mobile turns off and will not switch back on till mobile is removed from case.
3:The case does NOT cover the power button.
It appears that the magnetic closer of the case is interfering with the mobile and causing it to turn off.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thank you Mustang for your joining information.
Answer to Biddys feedback is as follows.
1:It is not a Blackberry product it is after market but specific to the Priv.
2:When I put the mobile into the case the mobile turns off and will not switch back on till mobile is removed from case.
3:The case does NOT cover the power button.
It appears that the magnetic closer of the case is interfering with the mobile and causing it to turn off.
Welcome to the Forums!
It's possible that case is causing issue , I remember a forum where the user had a flip type case interfere with spen function because the metal that closes it

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Yeah, that sounds like the problem. Many phones that have a smartcover feature use magnetic sensors in the bezel to detect if the smartcover is open or closed (since there's typically a small magnet embedded in the cover). If there's any other magnet near that sensor, that will make the phone think your smartcover is closed and turn off the screen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463