How's your Dtek 60 doing?

Ha P McBroom

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
My BlackBerry Dtek 60 is running smoothly so I've got to say I'll wait for a new BlackBerry slab next time. I know the Motion is out but I've had slabs like it before and even with Nougat on it I wasn't moved enough to get it the Dtek 60 just flies and that's why I'm going to stick with it for now. Anyone have any Dteks and are happy with it.

Macdtek

Feb 26, 2017
Visit site
had one last year, keyboard fault and poor customer service pushed me to put it back into the box and have a Moto g5+ a far better phone and cheaper.

tryanfixit

Mar 8, 2017
Visit site
I've had my dtek 60 for a while now it's a good phone . Only thing that bothers me is no Nougat update as of yet. The tablet I'm using now has received Nougat. That is just sad.

Ha P McBroom

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
I just got the Jan. 5 security patch so the updates are still coming even if delayed. I'm still hoping for Nougat but as long as it's working I'll keep at it. C'mon BlackBerry Mobile release the Nougat update please we know the Dtek's can run it. If your no longer committed to the Dtek's then ask Google to do it.

OTCHRussell

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
I've had my Dtek60 for 8 months. The battery is it's biggest flaw right now. I got the January update, but still waiting for February, which some people say improves the battery. not holding my breath!!
But I hate to switch to another phone just yet, because the Dtek60 is otherwise excellent. The camera is quite good, the phone is super fast, and I especially love the BlackBerry VKB. I get so frustrated with my iPad keyboard. I keep trying to swipe to erase, or long press for caps!!

BB9000>Q10>Z10>Z30>Z30>Classic>Dtek50>Dtek60

Ha P McBroom

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
I bought my Dtek 60 outright so after spending that much money I'm not going to toss it I'm going to use it until it dies. Besides it's a good device.

Ha P McBroom

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
Me too I recently got the February security update too. It's great because I didn't have to jump through hoops this time. I'm going to keep the Dtek 60 since it cost so much until it dies. I'll pass on the Motion for now. But it does look good.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm a new convert to Blackberry flavored Android. A DTEK50 got me started (I traded for it) and I liked that so much I went after a refurb DTEK60. Bonus for me, I have the VR Headset from an Idol 4S Windows that I sold (buyer wanted a price break for no headset) and the DTEK60 fits it, naturally enough.

Have had the DTEK60 about 3 weeks now. It's great hardware which I knew from the Idol 4S Windows. Camera is improved over the Idol because that one has no camera firmware and the default is to use the Qualcom drivers for camera. Screen res is better too.

Battery endurance ain't as good as I4Swin though...

BB Hub is the only thing that keeps me on Android as it allows me to run Outlook and keep Gmail off the phone for everything except Play services. Otherwise I just can't stand to have Google's hairy eyeballs all over my personal information. They really take advantage and are over the top, IMHO.

All-in-all it's great hardware, nice styling and the BB software touches are light enough and also very functional with the ability to pick and choose which bits you run.

She's a winner.

Bay 13

Apr 29, 2018
Visit site
My BlackBerry Dtek 60 is running smoothly so I've got to say I'll wait for a new BlackBerry slab next time. I know the Motion is out but I've had slabs like it before and even with Nougat on it I wasn't moved enough to get it the Dtek 60 just flies and that's why I'm going to stick with it for now. Anyone have any Dteks and are happy with it.

Still have my 60 and my Priv. Just popped the sim card back into the 60 and it runs good. Purchased new from Blackberry Dec 2016 and brought my wife a Galaxy S7 at same time. She had Marshmallow when I brought new for her unlocked from Samsung. She did get Android N and she will get O. My 60 is still on M. I went out and picked up a new unlocked AT&t variant LG V20 for only $269.00 usd Dec 2017 to experience Android N.

It is not that radically different from M except split screen feature and a few other minor changes. My 60 is a better work phone/tool than the LG with BB software and apps.

Like you, the Motion and the K1 was not enough to pull from Priv & 60.

Here comes new BB phones in 2018 (June 2018) and they will release with Android O with P right around the corner. I am willing to bet that you will not see Android P on your 2018 purchased Blackberry phones until late 2019....that is a shame.

They have not even updated the Keyone to O when one year ago Blackberry Mobile and Alex Thurber said the K1 will get O, they will, not until after the K2 comes out with O. The k1 will never see P.

I am tempted to buy the Essential Phone PH-1. It came out with N, has been updated to O and is now has Android P beta running on it prior to P release. It has the May security update and my 60 sits on March update. The founder of the Essential Phone helped create Android, you know he will get updates. The phone price is $489.00 usd and was $399.00 just over a month ago.

Bay 13

Apr 29, 2018
Visit site
Glad I did not pick up that Essential Phone...news today say the company is up for sale and the Essential 2 phone has been canceled.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22