Can't access Yahoo account on Key 2 Le

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I just activated the Key 2 Le. Ages ago, my primary Google Play store account was associated with my Yahoo account. For some reason, this phone is not acknowledging my Yahoo account in the Play Store.

I have been able to add the Yahoo account to the Gmail app. I haven't been able to use it on the Blackberry Hub app, however. (That's no big deal as long as I can still access it in the Play Store.)

I've tried eliminating the "account key" on my Yahoo account so that I should be able to sign in with just my address and my password. I tried generating a third party app for older platforms. That didn't work either.

Please help! I have a number of paid apps on this account.

Apkafe

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you able to log into that Google account on your computer browser?

dendron01

Banned
Aug 8, 2019
Visit site
I just activated the Key 2 Le. Ages ago, my primary Google Play store account was associated with my Yahoo account. For some reason, this phone is not acknowledging my Yahoo account in the Play Store.

I have been able to add the Yahoo account to the Gmail app. I haven't been able to use it on the Blackberry Hub app, however. (That's no big deal as long as I can still access it in the Play Store.)

I've tried eliminating the "account key" on my Yahoo account so that I should be able to sign in with just my address and my password. I tried generating a third party app for older platforms. That didn't work either.

Please help! I have a number of paid apps on this account.

Apkafe

What do you mean exactly by "associated"? Do you mean your Yahoo email address is the same as your primary Google email / login? Sounds like you have duplicate accounts...in other words, you are using the same account name (your Yahoo email address) for two different things. BlackBerry Hub will not allow you to have two accounts that have the same name even if they are for different things.

I suggest you change your primary Google sign in / account email address to something else. That should fix the problem. Log in to your Google account to do this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non