dbollman423

May 17, 2017
Visit site
So, if I could judge the overall enthusiasm? What do you think. Increased RAM would be good for multi-tasking. Any reports on Qualcomm 660?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Haven't heard anything aside from declaring an announcement date. I'm not sure what to guess for any of the specs. It's hard to guess anything without at least knowing it's dimensions.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm actually excited for it. The SD 660 is a good chip and the added ram with Oreo will definitely be a big performance improvement vs the K1 which is what keeps me from using the K1 as my daily driver.

thee_boon

May 8, 2018
Visit site
I'm actually excited for it. The SD 660 is a good chip and the added ram with Oreo will definitely be a big performance improvement vs the K1 which is what keeps me from using the K1 as my daily driver.
Do you clear the cache when it reaches 1gb? Did you lower the animations to 0.5x?

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Do you clear the cache when it reaches 1gb? Did you lower the animations to 0.5x?
Oh yeah, I know how to clear stuff out even the cache partition but the K1 just wasn't designed to be a fast device. The newer 660, 6g of RAM and 8.1 should definitely help improve things but I'd still like to see a flagship spec K1 in the future. I just don't think the market is ready to drop $800+ on a device with Blackberrys name on it. I for sure would and I'm sure many people in these Forums would but not the mass market.

thee_boon

May 8, 2018
Visit site
Oh yeah, I know how to clear stuff out even the cache partition but the K1 just wasn't designed to be a fast device. The newer 660, 6g of RAM and 8.1 should definitely help improve things but I'd still like to see a flagship spec K1 in the future. I just don't think the market is ready to drop $800+ on a device with Blackberrys name on it. I for sure would and I'm sure many people in these Forums would but not the mass market.
That's why TCL has to reduce cost of components and notably chipset. I'm fine with 6xx series chipset cause that battery life!

So until the day 8xx series CPU's prove to be just as battery efficient as 6xx series, I'd choose the latter.

bitek

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Obviously phone with faster chip and more memory will work way better. 660 is 100% faster than 625. 6GB of RAM is a big step up from 3/4Gb. KEY2 will be flying. No more re-fresh when multitasking.

bitek

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
That's why TCL has to reduce cost of components and notably chipset. I'm fine with 6xx series chipset cause that battery life!

So until the day 8xx series CPU's prove to be just as battery efficient as 6xx series, I'd choose the latter.

660 is not that much slower than 845. For what it is I think this is perfect CPU for phone like KEY2

bcbbanga4l

Q&A Team
Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I currently have the pixel 2xl and i am very excited for this phone. I almost came back when the Key1 was released however speck wise it was not worth it in my opinion so i held out. This here seems to be a lot better and i can see myself returning for that o glorious keyboard.

Knightmayre90

Jan 18, 2018
Visit site
I currently have the pixel 2xl and i am very excited for this phone. I almost came back when the Key1 was released however speck wise it was not worth it in my opinion so i held out. This here seems to be a lot better and i can see myself returning for that o glorious keyboard.

Totally agree, I have the pixel 2 XL too and I think I'm ready to give it up for this. I just think the design if this phone is gorgeous. It definitely covers all the bases that I'm interested in

Hassan Almaweri1

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
I was looking forward to it but not having band 71 for T-Mobile or Verizon support forced to wait and see if they will announce one for Verizon in a later date.

rocktauber

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I live in Canada and NONE of the Carriers have enabled WiFi calling for the Key1. Not a chance I will buy this Phone. It really makes mad because where I live, the signal is weak and WiFi is the only way to go.

slivy58

Banned
Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
I live in Canada and NONE of the Carriers have enabled WiFi calling for the Key1. Not a chance I will buy this Phone. It really makes mad because where I live, the signal is weak and WiFi is the only way to go.

According to CrackBerry, Rogers is expecting Android Oreo rollout for KEYone owners to start on June 28, w/WiFi Calling. Hopefully the other carriers follow suit.

oreo-keyone.png

Knightmayre90

Jan 18, 2018
Visit site
I'm in the uk, is wifi calling dictated by the cellular carriers and not the devices? if so I'm guessing it'll be no problem when I get the keytwo as I already have it? it's something I rely on a lot as I have zero signal where I live

Dunt Dunt Dunt

Q&A Team
Aug 10, 2015
Visit site
I'm in the uk, is wifi calling dictated by the cellular carriers and not the devices? if so I'm guessing it'll be no problem when I get the keytwo as I already have it? it's something I rely on a lot as I have zero signal where I live

Most Advance Features are Carrier controlled.... WiFi Calling, Hotspot and HD Voice. Some carrier's limit these features to devices that they sell, some only limit some of them, some have a "whitelist" of devices that are eligible.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae