So who's going for it?

Knightmayre90

Jan 18, 2018
Visit site
I'm a pixel 2 XL user, I almost sold it for the KeyOne but decided to wait to see how it faired. Glad I did because I love the look and sound of the Key2. I'm going to sell up and get this one. I've put up with typing on glass for years, enough is enough lol.

mountainman

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm a pixel 2 XL user, I almost sold it for the KeyOne but decided to wait to see how it faired. Glad I did because I love the look and sound of the Key2. I'm going to sell up and get this one. I've put up with typing on glass for years, enough is enough lol.
I have the Note8 and in recent times had the S7 edge and OG Pixel XL. So I understand your frustration with typing on glass.

However, I don't "hate" typing on glass enough to give up the other features we have like water resistance, case availability, big beautiful screens, video/YouTube consumption on said screen, premium build and internals, etc. If I was banging out emails all day long, for sure I would be leaning that way - I'm more of a content consumer.

I'm glad they offer it. Perhaps if they made a slider with an OLED screen - I would consider it. Or heck even if the Key2 had an OLED screen, then it would be a definite maybe, for me.

Plus I'm on Verizon, so you know how that goes....
34c4a433f6bd900fdc24b939905141f3.jpg

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I have the LG V20. My usage is more suited toward a big screen, a great DAC and a good camera. Therefore, I'm not interested. I've last used a BlackBerry with a physical keypad was the 9700 back in 2011. At this time, physical keypads and small screens aren't the best for my usage. I hope the Key 2 is successful, since it does serve a niche.

IanThomas

Jul 19, 2016
Visit site
I had the Bold 9900 and the Porsche. I used the P as my work phone and I could get a ton of work done with that thing. Then a Z30 (also one as a spare, still not used). The move to drop WhatsApp finally drove me to a Galaxy S7E (via a Note 7!). I have grown to love the variety available in the PlayStore and typing is taken care of by Gboard. However the combination of BB and Android is very appealing, particularly as the Key 2 now has realistic specs. It does look very nice in black. However, I do need to see what the Note 9 and Pixel 3 look like.

dmateo

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
thinking about it, although my main issue with the key one was how easily greasy the keys got just from regular usage. I believe they might've fixed this with the k2 by matting out the keys, can anyone confirm?

Knightmayre90

Jan 18, 2018
Visit site
thinking about it, although my main issue with the key one was how easily greasy the keys got just from regular usage. I believe they might've fixed this with the k2 by matting out the keys, can anyone confirm?

The keys have definitely been given a matte finish, this was one of the big issues with the keyone. And 20% taller too.

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I have the LG V20. My usage is more suited toward a big screen, a great DAC and a good camera. Therefore, I'm not interested. I've last used a BlackBerry with a physical keypad was the 9700 back in 2011. At this time, physical keypads and small screens aren't the best for my usage. I hope the Key 2 is successful, since it does serve a niche.

I also use a V20, and I wish the KEY2 was the same size as the V20. I am not getting rid of my V20, but I will probably pick up a Key2

Knightmayre90

Jan 18, 2018
Visit site
I'm spoilt with the pixel 2 XL screen size but if I'm honest, I don't mind a smaller screen. I use my tablet for watching most media and the YouTube vids I normally watch I watch in portrait anyway. I'll be ordering my keytwo at the end of the month. really excited. I think the novelty factor will be a big plus too. all of these flagship phones, as good as they are, start to feel very similar after a while. I use the same launcher, the same apps and pretty much do the same things. it's going to be nice to change.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm spoilt with the pixel 2 XL screen size but if I'm honest, I don't mind a smaller screen. I use my tablet for watching most media and the YouTube vids I normally watch I watch in portrait anyway. I'll be ordering my keytwo at the end of the month. really excited. I think the novelty factor will be a big plus too. all of these flagship phones, as good as they are, start to feel very similar after a while. I use the same launcher, the same apps and pretty much do the same things. it's going to be nice to change.

I definitely agree with you: I watch most media on my laptop and so having a smaller screen doesn't bother me at all. And I really do miss my BlackBerry - I can definitely understand what you mean about the "novelty" of devices!

gorby65

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
so far Ive seen no lag. Calls are loud and clear. No one has said they cant hear me. The camera is ok, not brilliant but I was not expecting to be. The keyboard is much much better than the key one and the multi tasking aspect of the key board is very clever. Ive managed to get the battery down to 40% in a busy day, so no complaints. I dont have wi fi calling but thats down to O2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1