02-20-2020 02:30 PM
69 123
tools
    . The end of new BB handsets presents me with a whole new world of choice now that I'm not automatically locked into buying the newest BB. I'll be lurking around the AC forums a bit more to get a sense of the community vibe.
    The only problem is that the "whole new world" that opens up to you without BBMo in the picture isn't very exciting when every "option" is a predictable slab sandwich that looks just like the next one...

I really like my S10e, it's packed with just about every conceivable flagship feature in a nice compact package, but I still can't bring myself to switch my sim card to it from my KEY2 LE.

That's saying something lol
    02-16-2020 08:58 AM
    I really miss the keyboard shortcuts on my K2, and the speed I can type on it. But I also really love the android experience on my Pixel. Love the call screening feature!!
    That’s the thing, the BB fanboys will only mention the keyboard or maybe one other thing about why they are so “great” but not the multitude of things that make modern, up to date hardware and software so much better.
    Elky64, Laura Knotek and Golurk like this.
    02-16-2020 05:51 PM
    The only problem is that the "whole new world" that opens up to you without BBMo in the picture isn't very exciting when every "option" is a predictable slab sandwich that looks just like the next one...

I really like my S10e, it's packed with just about every conceivable flagship feature in a nice compact package, but I still can't bring myself to switch my sim card to it from my KEY2 LE.

It says something about you (I don’t mean that as a knock but just that you are unique) but not about the general public who enjoys all the modern things other devices bring. It’s time to end the ridiculous clinging to PKB phones.
    Elky64 likes this.
    02-16-2020 05:53 PM
    It’s time to end the ridiculous clinging to PKB phones.
    Why? Shouldn't people be allowed other options than glass slabs?

I'll stop my "ridiculous clinging" when tapping on glass becomes as accurate and enjoyable as typing on real keys.

Hint: which is never
    02-16-2020 07:47 PM

I'll stop my "ridiculous clinging" when tapping on glass becomes as accurate and enjoyable as typing on real keys.

It amazes me that you think you deserve a PKB phone. What reputable company is going to build a device for a few people, make it affordable and lose money?
    I have an idea! You start a company and show everyone how it’s done.
    Elky64 and Golurk like this.
    02-16-2020 08:07 PM

Sure it's exciting... It's not the physicality aspect that makes it so but how one uses their device and what it can do for them. As for "predictable" I'm unsure what you meant by that but at the end of the day, they all are designed (even BlackBerry's) to achieve the same goals.
    TgeekB and Laura Knotek like this.
    02-16-2020 08:14 PM

Oh I'm sure if you gave it a real honest go you wouldn't find it as bad as you are making it out to be. Optional keyboards are available for download too if the factory installed doesn't please.
    TgeekB and Laura Knotek like this.
    02-16-2020 08:29 PM
    Oh I'm sure if you gave it a real honest go you wouldn't find it as bad as you are making it out to be. Optional keyboards are available for download too if the factory installed doesn't please.
    Lol I already disclosed that I have an S10e which is what I consider to be one of the best slabs available, but I just can't bring myself to swap my SIM into it because that would mean losing the tactility of the LE's keyboard.

Just because it's not "that bad" doesn't mean it's "that good" either.

Typing on glass is not enjoyable. Yes, 99.9 percent of the smartphone market deal with it just fine, but that doesn't mean it's the better input method, or that it's enjoyable and "amazing".

It's just "meh" at best.

Ever heard someone rave about how he/she loves typing on their slab?

No, because there's nothing to rave about. It's a "meh" experience.
    02-16-2020 10:27 PM
    Why does anyone need to feel joy when typing? It’s just an input method. I am not emotionally attached to my smartphone.
    Elky64 and Golurk like this.
    02-16-2020 10:39 PM
    Lol I already disclosed that I have an S10e which is what I consider to be one of the best slabs available, but I just can't bring myself to swap my SIM into it because that would mean losing the tactility of the LE's keyboard.

Just because it's not "that bad" doesn't mean it's "that good" either.

Typing on glass is not enjoyable. Yes, 99.9 percent of the smartphone market deal with it just fine, but that doesn't mean it's the better input method, or that it's enjoyable and "amazing".

It's just "meh" at best.

Ever heard someone rave about how he/she loves typing on their slab?

No, because there's nothing to rave about. It's a "meh" experience.
    I don't get excited about any keyboard physical or otherwise but those on my slabs most certainly get the job(s) done.

There's always voice input or Bluetooth keyboards if you really find on-screen typing taboo?

And remember... Your KEY2 LE won't be going anywhere anytime soon so just carry on as you have been.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-17-2020 12:58 AM
    Hey @the_boon ...don't bother with these guys. They obviously got bored trolling you on CrackBerry.
    pgg101 and bb9900user2018 like this.
    02-17-2020 02:32 PM
    Why does anyone need to feel joy when typing? It’s just an input method. I am not emotionally attached to my smartphone.
    Good. Then you should let go of your emotional attachment to berating people that do. There is a site for that. I'm pretty sure you know where it is.
    pgg101 and bb9900user2018 like this.
    02-17-2020 02:33 PM
    I don't get excited about any keyboard physical or otherwise but those on my slabs most certainly get the job(s) done.

There's always voice input or Bluetooth keyboards if you really find on-screen typing taboo?

And remember... Your KEY2 LE won't be going anywhere anytime soon so just carry on as you have been.
    Eh, voice input did get better over time but sometimes you don't want people around you to hear your speech to text message lol.

Still hoping for any QWERTY phone from anyone at some point in the future.

Also I might want to stock up on a few LE's lol
    Elky64 likes this.
    02-17-2020 02:59 PM
    Good. Then you should let go of your emotional attachment to berating people that do. There is a site for that. I'm pretty sure you know where it is.
    Sorry if I touched a dendron. I think you took it too personal.
    Elky64 likes this.
    02-17-2020 03:13 PM
    Eh, voice input did get better over time but sometimes you don't want people around you to hear your speech to text message lol.

Still hoping for any QWERTY phone from anyone at some point in the future.

Also I might want to stock up on a few LE's lol
    I'd be tempted to buy a KEY2/LE if, or when, they reach my price point but just too expensive at present imo... Just saw an Atomic "USED" KEY2 on eBay for $1599 USD ($2100 CAD)!!! Now that's a quick way to sour one's tastebuds in a hurry.
    02-17-2020 03:32 PM
    Sorry if I touched a dendron. I think you took it too personal.
    LOL. Yeah, right.
    02-17-2020 03:44 PM
    I'd be tempted to buy a KEY2/LE if, or when, they reach my price point but just too expensive at present imo... Just saw an Atomic "USED" KEY2 on eBay for $1599 USD ($2100 CAD)!!! Now that's a quick way to sour one's tastebuds in a hurry.
    The Red KEY2 will always be pricey. People know that it's a rare limited edition item and it has the revised spacebar.

I'd look at any color LE at the $300-350 range.

The LE to me remains the most reliable KEY device.
    There are less threads of issues with that phone than with the KEYone/KEY2.
    Elky64 likes this.
    02-17-2020 03:47 PM
    A week. Pixel 4XL.
    Oh boy, that's a great phone. I think you will be hooked . I am sticking with my pixel 3 XL until pixel 5 is out. S20 series looks like a killer pixel competitor with the major camera improvements. Will have to wait and see
    Laura Knotek and TgeekB like this.
    02-18-2020 07:40 PM
    Oh boy, that's a great phone. I think you will be hooked . I am sticking with my pixel 3 XL until pixel 5 is out. S20 series looks like a killer pixel competitor work the major camera improvements. Will have to wait and see
    Waiting for the 4a to arrive. Might jump on that.
    02-20-2020 02:30 PM
69 123