02-23-2016 02:34 AM
29 12
tools
    11-11-2015 06:15 PM
    Based on the renders, can't quite tell if this is a "premium" design or a "lower cost" design. One of the main complaints about the Priv is the high price point. We've seen BlackBerry do lower cost phones like the Leap (which the textured back on this Vienna reminds me of). Yet the keyboard looks very Priv like.

A design like this that's lower priced could be the phone they try and sell to enterprises and governments that are still clinging to older BBOS and BB10 keyboard phones.
    11-11-2015 06:21 PM
    I sure hope there is no square screen! A 4:3 screen would be fine. That is what the Passport should have been. I think that Chen has given up on cheap phones so this should be PRIV grade.

Posted via Android Central App
    11-11-2015 06:39 PM
    If it has decent specs and at least 32 gb storage, I'd buy it. It looks good.
    11-11-2015 06:42 PM
    Looks like a budget device to me

BBdroid version of a Q5

Posted via the Android Central App
    gruv4u likes this.
    11-11-2015 07:12 PM
    Looks like a Z3/Q10 mashup with some Silver Edition PP design language thrown in.
    gruv4u likes this.
    11-11-2015 09:05 PM
    Kevin, it looks like a mash up of the Passport SE upfront (albeit hardly as wide) and the Leap out back. Weird. What's up with the physical android buttons? Hope this is just a really early render. Not the best looking phone aesthetically in my opinion.
    11-11-2015 09:11 PM
    Looks like a Z3/Q10 mashup with some Silver Edition PP design language thrown in.
    Beat me to it..needed approval lol.
    Xaiux likes this.
    11-11-2015 09:29 PM
    I sure hope there is no square screen! A 4:3 screen would be fine. That is what the Passport should have been. I think that Chen has given up on cheap phones so this should be PRIV grade.

This. A square display is disgusting to use.

ASUS ZenFone 2 (4GB RAM)
    11-12-2015 12:08 AM

I hope he doesn't pass on the cheaper phones.... The low cost orginal Blackberry Curve was one of the best selling Blackberrys of all time. I worked for Verizon back in the day and remember the trends for high school kids....

It went orginal Rzr to Blackberry Curve to LG optimus. (we didn't sell the iPhone back then) So for every 1 top of the line Tour or Droid we sold, we'd sell 2 or 3 curves to the young'uns.

11-12-2015 06:23 AM
    Yeah, I don't think physical buttons for Android OS make sense there... especially when you have actions like swiping up over the "circle" to bring up Google Now or swiping into Hub app, etc.

Kevin, it looks like a mash up of the Passport SE upfront (albeit hardly as wide) and the Leap out back. Weird. What's up with the physical android buttons? Hope this is just a really early render. Not the best looking phone aesthetically in my opinion.
    11-12-2015 07:29 AM
    Yeah, I don't think physical buttons for Android OS make sense there... especially when you have actions like swiping up over the "circle" to bring up Google Now or swiping into Hub app, etc.
    Agreed. Someone on the CB forum speculated that maybe they had brought back BlackBerry 10 like gestures. If that's the case fantastic, but I'd highly doubt it. Looks cheap.

11-12-2015 07:34 AM
    Agreed. Someone on the CB forum speculated that maybe they had brought back BlackBerry 10 like gestures. If that's the case fantastic, but I'd highly doubt it. Looks cheap.

While BB10 owners my like to see more gestures.... I think if BlackBerry is looking to capture more of the Android market, they need to keep things simple and stick with what Android users know.

As the Vienna is just a few renders right now, doesn't that make it a "rumored device", and shouldn't it just be included with all the other Android rumored devices?
    11-12-2015 01:47 PM
    I have never seen a forum created this quickly for a simple render, I think blackberry has off the record confirmed this device.
    11-12-2015 03:18 PM
    While BB10 owners my like to see more gestures.... I think if BlackBerry is looking to capture more of the Android market, they need to keep things simple and stick with what Android users know.

As the Vienna is just a few renders right now, doesn't that make it a "rumored device", and shouldn't it just be included with all the other Android rumored devices?
    I agree, but maybe make it an optional feature that can be turned on and off?

There's something different about the "rumored" device in that both CB and AC were quick to make a sub forum for it. Leads me to believe there's something more to it than just rumors.

11-12-2015 05:41 PM
    I have never seen a forum created this quickly for a simple render, I think blackberry has off the record confirmed this device.
    Or they love BlackBerry

Priv screen goes up.
    11-13-2015 07:21 AM
    If your not familiar with Blackberry, keep this in mind, they like to leak renders way before the device is announced, so that they can gauge customer reactions, and get feedback.. You will be seeing a lot more renders, and as you get closer and closer to official announcement the pictures look better.
    11-14-2015 05:28 PM
    The BlackBerry VIENNA went straight to its own sub-forum on CB right after the article was released which may be an indication this device will be available fairly soon. I'm speculating it will have a slightly lower price point than the BlackBerry PRIV. The BlackBerry VIENNA will probably appeal to more businesses as well as consumers looking for an android device with a physical keyboard and the security BlackBerry is known for.
    11-15-2015 06:39 PM
    I wish they'd consider rotating the screen to landscape mode, using the 850 as an inspiration.
    12-04-2015 08:49 PM
    I'm not feelin' it. It seems like it would be too unbalanced when trying to type on it. The form factor doesn't make sense to me.
    12-17-2015 03:46 PM
    This. A square display is disgusting to use.

ASUS ZenFone 2 (4GB RAM)
    It's my favorite thing about the Passport. I'm okay with 4:3 but I don't want to give up much width to do it.
    01-01-2016 01:55 PM
    Looks like it was designed before the Passport but was only released now. Probably originally meant to be a BB10 device. Only my assumption.

01-10-2016 01:16 PM
    Looks good to me. I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

02-19-2016 01:06 AM
    Looks like it was designed before the Passport but was only released now. Probably originally meant to be a BB10 device. Only my assumption.

If it was it wouldn't have three buttons on the toolbelt. Classic BlackBerry 10 toolbelt has 4 plus trackpad.
    02-19-2016 12:04 PM
    It went just as fast on CrackBerry, too. The story goes that the source of the render is from a legitimate source who confirms this is a legit handset. Honestly, I really do not know why there is a subforum for the Vienna here on AC and CrackBerry as well. BlackBerry has confirmed that their is a second Powered by Android BlackBerry on the drawing board and that if they go forward with it they will announce "sometime around MWC". So who knows?

This forum over at CrackBerry is also way more active, which is strange, too, but at least it gives us something to discuss and look forward too.

As for the physical buttons; some suggest this handset will be the upgrade path to the Classic. If that is the case than the three hard buttons are likely to mimic the tool belt with the call/answer button on the left and the end button on the right. The middle button I assume would be for home but it could also be for quick menus.
    02-19-2016 03:33 PM
29 12