07-21-2017 01:54 PM
31 12
tools
    Well, BB had rotten OS's up to the third update of BBOS10. So, I've basically bought BB phone's due to the rock solid hardware and especially for the PKB. For some reason I feel BB had a heavy hand in the design of the TCL KEYone, don't know for sure. So, if I have a rock solid hardware/phone with a PKB that's 90% of it for me.

So, is BB really dead, no, BB OS's are gone, which is a terrible shame now that BBOS10 finally running good. That's why so many are drawn to Apple anything, they work out the box. If Apple weren't so bloody expensive I'd jumped Windows PC decades ago.

My only phone that I use every day is the BB Passport.
    My Passport wielding friend would probably disagree to the "solid hardware" thing, he was just telling me the radio can't get a stable connection now and the camera couldn't focus. And he already had one replaced under warranty when he first bought it.

Seach "screen lift passport" ...
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    04-17-2017 01:16 PM
    Of course BB is "dead". They sold off the hardware division and are now a software company. Are you saying the brand is finished? Sounds like TCL intends to continue making midrange phones. So far no rumors of a flagship coming down the pipeline.
    05-01-2017 11:00 AM
    Of course BB is "dead". They sold off the hardware division and are now a software company. Are you saying the brand is finished? Sounds like TCL intends to continue making midrange phones. So far no rumors of a flagship coming down the pipeline.
    It's hard to get TCL to talk about a phone they have already launched and now have on sale.... who knows what/when/where those "two" devices will show up and be.

But in the end, it doesn't seem consumers are eating up the Aurora. Afraid any non PKB TCL/BlackBerry phones will face much the same lack of interest. Low end hardware at a high midgrade price is just not easy to sell people on.
    05-01-2017 01:59 PM
    Blackberry devices maybe be dead but the software side is doing well otherwise. With TCL making their devices and Blackberrys software they might find a spot in the smartphone world again.
    07-21-2017 06:15 AM
    Blackberry has what? Maybe 1.2% of the market compared to Apple, Samsung, LG, etc?
    Not every phone in the world has to be, or is expected to be, competition for an Apple/Samsung flagship.

In the Android world, there's LOTS of products that do a solid job but aren't Samsung Galaxy. (Some of them are even Samsung phones.)

Why aren't you comparing this phone's market share to, say, HTC?
    07-21-2017 12:47 PM
    Not every phone in the world has to be, or is expected to be, competition for an Apple/Samsung flagship.

In the Android world, there's LOTS of products that do a solid job but aren't Samsung Galaxy. (Some of them are even Samsung phones.)

Why aren't you comparing this phone's market share to, say, HTC?
    Good point
    07-21-2017 01:54 PM
31 12