You going to get a BlackBerry KEYone?

Hectorius

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Re: You going to get a BlackBerry Mercury?

I've never bought a device that I haven't physically held in a store. Holding the device, feeling the keys, looking at build quality and testing out the speakers are all part of the purchasing process for me.

So it all depend if my local carrier has one in store. I'm definitely interested. Love qwerty devices so it's already got the first 'thumbs up' from me. Just needs to be below $500 otherwise I'm out.

A droid a day keeps the Apple away

I can almost guarantee its going to be more than $500......

bcbbanga4l

Q&A Team
Jul 15, 2010
Visit site

Im currently been using nexus 6p for about a year now I am excited to return to blackberry with this mercury release but we shall see. I absolutely miss the feel of actually typing down on a keyboard on a mobile phone. This mercury seems t to bring me back to classic days.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site

I haven't used a device with a physical keyboard in almost five years, so devices that include one have zero appeal to me. Therefore, no, I wouldn't consider it.

murphcid

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site

I need to see and hold it, and know what the specs are before I can decide on a purchase.

Carjackd

Trusted Member
Apr 11, 2014
Visit site

I buy them all, so I'm all over this device. Just take my money I'm sure I'll buy whatever comes after that

Carjackd

Trusted Member
Apr 11, 2014
Visit site

I haven't used a device with a physical keyboard in almost five years, so devices that include one have zero appeal to me. Therefore, no, I wouldn't consider it.

I had no problem flipping from a z30 to a passport then back to the Priv where I didn't use the Pkb on the Priv. So I don't see an issue flipping from my dtek60 to a Mercury then to whatever comes out next which I'm sure it will be a slab device. Nevertheless, I also have my eye on the surface phone as a secondary device. . just because its different

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site

I had no problem flipping from a z30 to a passport then back to the Priv where I didn't use the Pkb on the Priv. So I don't see an issue flipping from my dtek60 to a Mercury then to whatever comes out next which I'm sure it will be a slab device. Nevertheless, I also have my eye on the surface phone as a secondary device. . just because its different

I really don't believe that there ever will be a Surface Phone. I think it's vaporware.

Carjackd

Trusted Member
Apr 11, 2014
Visit site

Ya I'm wondering myself if it will ever happen. But it would really be nice to have options rather than IOS or Android

ASD Dad

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site

If it comes to Verizon I will most likely get it. Specs and design look great so far and I do a lot of typing on my phone for work. Havent had a PKB in a very very long time but I am willing to give it a shot.

Jason Cockerham

Community Review Team Leader
Dec 9, 2010
Visit site

I definitely want one! Money is a bit tight though so depending on the price will determine if I can pick one up. I'm a huge fan of the keyboard on the Priv, but the software is just too slow to make it worth using for me. When it takes a couple seconds to respond to EVERY TOUCH, it becomes slightly annoying. Also, the hardware looks great! I want to get my hands on it for sure, but the size and thickness doesn't really bother me. I like a phone that doesn't make me think I'm gonna drop it every 5 seconds cuz it's so thin.

naijab0y

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site

Definitely getting it.

Got a dtek60 right now and as good as the phone is.. it's so damn run of the mill like every other phone I'm almost embarrassed to use it in public sometimes.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site

Definitely getting it.

Got a dtek60 right now and as good as the phone is.. it's so damn run of the mill like every other phone I'm almost embarrassed to use it in public sometimes.

This is one of the reasons why i truly believe Blackberry Mobile will continue to live on and gain market share slowly but surely. They just offer designs that are so unique from the market. We can look at the Blackberry Classic with its Tool Belt, the Passport with its ultra wide form factor, the PRIV with its slide out Keyboard, now the 'Mercury' with its always present touch enable qwerty keyboard and finger print sensor built right in. combined with Blackberry software, is the reason I've stuck with them for so long. Just a great company and I'm so looking forward to what 2017/2018 brings :)

Tony tata

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site

If it were to come to sprint, I would most certainly buy it. I really really wish I could buy a phone like my original Motorola Droid with the slide up keyboard. That phone was a beast

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site

There we go i fixed it :D haha

Agreed, Thats why I'm spending more of my time here with you guys on AndroidCentral. Seems a much happier and more positive community. So let me shed some happiness and joy towards the device.

Positives:
12mp Camera Sensor: Sony IMX378 (Same as Google Pixel)
Android 7.x Out of the box
Qwerty Keyboard that's touch sensitive + Embedded Finger print sensor
Sharp 420 PPI 4.6" inch screen.
3,400 mAh battery (non exploding variant)

Negatives:
Device is a little thicker than the average slab.
3GB RAM. (which could be 4GB)
Are the physical buttons on the keyboard able to swipe like a software keyboard? I think I read that somewhere. I may be wrong but that could be nice lol I know they can make a page go left and right, up and down but I'm talking about swiping for typing?

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site

Are the physical buttons on the keyboard able to swipe like a software keyboard? I think I read that somewhere. I may be wrong but that could be nice lol I know they can make a page go left and right, up and down but I'm talking about swiping for typing?

Yes, they are touch sensitive just like the Passport and Blackberry PRIV. So you can use it as one big trackpad. This include swiping up to select a word. In addition to that, there is fingerprint sensor built right into the space bar. :) Lots and lots or tech be stuffed into this beautiful product..

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site

Yes, they are touch sensitive just like the Passport and Blackberry PRIV. So you can use it as one big trackpad. This include swiping up to select a word. In addition to that, there is fingerprint sensor built right into the space bar. :) Lots and lots or tech be stuffed into this beautiful product..
That's cool beans

merlin29

Jan 4, 2015
Visit site

Thinking about getting the Mercury, it depends not on price but high build quality and a keyboard that is a pleasure to use as the 9900 is, one can hope.

revtech

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I will get if the keyboard feels like a 9930 or Classic, if it feels like my Priv I might as well keep what I have.
I have to say though that I really like the looks and feel of the gently curved screen on my Priv, and the ability to hide the keyboard and have a large screen when needed . . But having keyboard shortcuts available on the Merc without having to slide it open is a big plus imo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20