Boldly stating a good chance of a come back, different, but a step for Blackberry turnaround!

KEYone: Unlocking BlackBerry's Future? - BlackBerry Ltd. (NASDAQ:BBRY) | Seeking Alpha

"
    *The BlackBerry KEYone is the first step in BlackBerry's turnaround story.

*The company is protecting is valuable brand identity in the smartphone market while turning its capital toward its more lucrative software business.

*The TCL licensing agreement will allow BlackBerry to streamline its business by downsizing expensive phone segment employees."
    Morty2264 likes this.
    03-02-2017 04:53 PM
    On Seeking Alpha you can say anything you want.... and few will believe any of it.

BlackBerry is doing what they have been forced to do, based on their inablity to gain any traction in the smartphone market. What we need to see is HOW TCL is going to change that...

- Buying Power help reduce cost (well that didn't happen)
    - More production capacity to get devices rolled out quicker (the selling phones unlocked with a later unspecified date for Carriers.... not looking good on that point)
    - Get Carrier's on board (still have to see what happens - they were less clear than back at CES)
    - Marketing (being that TCL has stated they are going after the Enterprise market with the BlackBerry Brand and the Alcatel and TCL Brand will be the consumer focused brands...... doesn't look good)
    - Provide confidence that the Brand isn't going away.... (TCL has stated many times that they have long term plans for the Brand... so on that account they do improve the level of confidence that Enterprise won't be left without a BlackBerry solution in coming years)

But really until TCL shows over time their commitment to the BlackBerry brand.... it all hopes and dreams.
    03-06-2017 10:35 AM
    I think if BlackBerry rides out this launch we'll and makes their product appealing to business users they'll be able to turn things around. Honestly typing this post on my iPhone I'm realizing that more than a third of the screen is dedicated to the VKB. The VKB is great when it works but not having the tactile sensation is something I dearly miss. I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on a Keyone.
    I think carrier support isn't going to be there for awhile, but other phones like the One Plus have been fine without it. People will buy the phone if it is good and has good support.
    04-30-2017 03:12 PM
    Honestly typing this post on my iPhone I'm realizing that more than a third of the screen is dedicated to the VKB. The VKB is great when it works but not having the tactile sensation is something I dearly miss. I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on a Keyone.
    This is why I was so excited when the Blackberry Priv launched. It allows you to have that huge 5.4" inch screen space but also gives you a nice physical keyboard to type on IF you want it. Otherwise just pound away on the virtual keyboard 😃

I don't think the KEYone will single handedly make Blackberry popular again but if they get the next 2 devices after it right, we could be having a VERY different conversation at the end of 2018.

As Blackberry have said, they are a 'start up' with loads of experience. They definitely have the potential to do really well and I so hope they do.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    05-01-2017 05:42 AM
    This is why I was so excited when the Blackberry Priv launched. It allows you to have that huge 5.4" inch screen space but also gives you a nice physical keyboard to type on IF you want it. Otherwise just pound away on the virtual keyboard 😃

I don't think the KEYone will single handedly make Blackberry popular again but if they get the next 2 devices after it right, we could be having a VERY different conversation at the end of 2018.

As Blackberry have said, they are a 'start up' with loads of experience. They definitely have the potential to do really well and I so hope they do.
    I couldn't agree with you more. If this phone and its next few ensuing iterations do well, BlackBerry has a really good chance in the market.
    05-08-2017 10:07 AM
    - Marketing (being that TCL has stated they are going after the Enterprise market with the BlackBerry Brand and the Alcatel and TCL Brand will be the consumer focused brands...... doesn't look good)
    This is where I'm most confused with their marketing direction. One moment they say enterprise, next moment they spend on marketing to "fans" with all those meetups, really hard to understand what they are trying at.
    05-08-2017 01:22 PM

Except the most likely case those next to devices will probably more overpriced slab modelled after the DTEK50 and 60.

Priced more for BlackBerry's secret sauce of unoptimized Android software and lack of firm commitment for upgrades.

People will just laugh and buy a OnePlus or S8.
    05-08-2017 01:23 PM
    The stock for BlackBerry certainly has had a nice run recently. Just need it to keep a successful turn-around going so my investment in them isn't such a loss.
    05-09-2017 01:01 PM
    The stock for BlackBerry certainly has had a nice run recently. Just need it to keep a successful turn-around going so my investment in them isn't such a loss.
    Helps when you win an almost billion dollar settlement from Qualcomm....

BlackBerry hardware value, well they got out of that and are licensing it to a few companies that will try to do what BlackBerry could not.
    05-18-2017 08:56 AM
    It also helps that you beat expectations and are proving you can be profitable. With all the security concerns, it looks like the Market is coming to BlackBerry.
    05-22-2017 10:00 AM