Only need / want contacts from one Google / gmail account on phone - please help

GrandMobile

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I have multiple gmail accounts which I use for different purposes (business and personal). I would like all the gmail accounts on my new BlackBerryKEYOne running Android 7.1 but only want contacts from one of those accounts to show on phone.

Initially added all 4 accounts through add account, Google tab. All added correctly and email was working correctly. Went to send a text, make a phone call etc and multiple duplicate contacts are showing.

Went to sync tab and toggled off sync for contacts, but they (contacts) must have been downloaded to phone as they are not syncing anymore but all duplicates were still there.

Tried to delete accounts and add back, but could not switch screens fast enough to toggle off sync contacts and a portion of the 600+ contacts did sync for each of the second, third and fourth gmail accounts.

surely there must a solution that I am not aware of to accomplish - multiple google / gmail accounts but using only contacts from one account to avoid any duplicate contacts.

I have been using iOS for the last few years, but happy to get back to BlackBerry and loving the new KEYone running Android so not intimate with the inner workings or Android yet.

Thank you for any help / assistance.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Yes, this could be done from the Contacts app. Open up the app and go to Setting. Look for "Contacts to Display". You will be able to choose the account you want to show the contacts from.

I have S8 Plus, so yours could be a title different but the option should exit under settings from your contact app.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the question @GrandMobile , there definitely is a way 😃

Open your contacts App (stock on) , click on the Hamburger icon (the 3 lines below each other - top left) Then go down to settings and click that.

You will see a lot of accounts listed below that. They should all have tick marks next to them. Simply untick the ones you don't want and those contacts will no longer appear in your list 😃 Hope this helps. I'm here if you need anything else.

PrimePolok

Aug 22, 2020
Visit site
I too was looking for such an option! The customize button on my phone doesn't really look like it's customizable until I tap on it. Anyways, thanks for the answer!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane