Title says it all, I'm about to buy me a sweet sweet BB Keyone, but it's gotta be CDMA (i'm with Verizon), and am curious to find out if it can be used when traveling internationally?

Ideally I'd just put in a local sim card and use it. I know they have a GSM variant, but to buy a separate GSM Keyone just for international travel purposes is not an option for me.

Basically asking to see if CDMA KeyOne has a Global network mode?

Thanks!
    06-07-2017 02:33 PM
    Title says it all, I'm about to buy me a sweet sweet BB Keyone, but it's gotta be CDMA (i'm with Verizon), and am curious to find out if it can be used when traveling internationally?

Ideally I'd just put in a local sim card and use it. I know they have a GSM variant, but to buy a separate GSM Keyone just for international travel purposes is not an option for me.

Basically asking to see if CDMA KeyOne has a Global network mode?

Thanks!
    Yes.
    06-07-2017 02:58 PM
    Excellent! Thanks for your insightful reply!

Yes, as in "Yes, I've tried CDMA Variant of Keyone with a random T-Mobile or other GMS sim card, and it worked!" or
    Yes as in "Yes, to my knowledge, the list of the bands on their spec sheet indicate that you shouldn't have an issue using CDMA Keyone with international sim cards"?
    06-07-2017 03:13 PM
    This question I have never fully grasped and wish I could provide a simple answer. over the years I've always heard conflicting stories. 😃

Logically, if your device supports the bands and frequencies then if it's cdma or GSM it should work to some extent. even if it's only on LTE bands.

The GSM and CDMA devices are programmed differently for different technologies so there will always be a couple hurdles when trying to use one with the other and it may not work. Hopefully we can get a straight answer. I'm also keen to know for sure.
    selektor_style likes this.
    06-08-2017 07:53 AM
    Looks like it will work, according to kind folks @ Crackberry

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...nally-1111203/
    Matty likes this.
    06-09-2017 09:08 AM