I've had the KEYone for about a week now and I gotta say that I'm very very happy with it. I wasn't sure what to expect as I haven't had a BlackBerry in years. I tend to always buy the latest and greatest and with this phone being a mid ranger, I was wondering if I would keep it. I am not good at leaving detailed reviews on things but I feel like I need to voice my opinion for other potential users. It seems pretty quiet on the boards so it may help some. I'll just list the things I like.

1- Screen and keyboard are just right. Screen is bright and sharp with great color. I recommend turning off adaptive brightness. Keyboard is clicky and responsive.
    2- The fluidity of the phone has been a pleasant surprise. It's very smooth when scrolling and navigating. I am using Nova launcher.
    3- Convenience key is great
    4- fingerprint reader is accurate accurate accurate!
    5- double tap to wake works basically 100%
    6- Speaker is loud to me
    7- keyboard is just a joy to use and I haven't typed this accurate in years!
    8- Camara is better than I expected with great detail
    9- Signal has not been an issue (on T-Mobile)
    10- all the productivity features. I have a service company and I stay organized with Hub and the "get stuff done" features.
    There are so many little features and tricks I'm still finding out about which is awesome.

Oh the battery is second to none!!

There really is too much to list but I feel that this phone is unlike anything else on the market. Again I usually chase the higher end phones but I feel like this phone is going stick around and I'm just not excited in 8 gb of ram or other gimmicks after using a phone that just makes sense .
    Sure it doesn't read your eyes or have the latest tech but what it does have is useful and well thought out. I also have an IPhone 7± but I haven't felt a need to use it. I hope that BlackBerry gets this out the masses again because I think they are on to something!
    super_rigel likes this.
    06-20-2017 04:51 PM
    Thank you for sharing this.
    06-20-2017 08:04 PM
    Thanks for sharing @DominionRoofs 😃 Great to see you are loving the KEYᵒⁿᵉ! it really is a fantastic phone. As I always say to people, what's the point of having a phone with killer specs if you have a small battery.

oh and the battery is second to none
    DominionRoofs and jlost like this.
    06-21-2017 05:40 AM
    I'm loving this phone, too! It feels solid and the keyboard is a dream. My beautiful Priv is being put to the side. I was going to retire my Q10, but my husband prefers the small form factor. Hard to believe this isn't a flagship model. In my mind it is, older processor or no. Turning the animations to .5 in the developer settings makes this device even snappier.
    DominionRoofs likes this.
    06-21-2017 02:15 PM
    Thanks. So the screen is good? Some reviews lament its lack of brightness outdoors...

And it's snappy opening apps?
    06-21-2017 03:33 PM
    Screen is great outdoors, and it's snappy opening apps.

And the speaker is great.
    06-21-2017 06:40 PM
    Thanks. So the screen is good? Some reviews lament its lack of brightness outdoors...

I can't say for sure since I don't have a KEYᵒⁿᵉ but here is a table made by a website called "Phonearena" which shows the screen brightness compared to other devices. Based on this, I would say the KEYᵒⁿᵉ is fine outdoors.

It may not be as bright as other but can surely get the job done. My Priv is definitely bright enough outside so seeing as it's lower on the chart the KEYᵒⁿᵉ must be fine 😃
    Attached Thumbnails love this phone!! I'm-18108.jpg  
    Eggmundo likes this.
    06-22-2017 01:28 AM
    Thank you!
    Matty likes this.
    06-22-2017 01:58 AM
    I can't say for sure since I don't have a KEYᵒⁿᵉ but here is a table made by a website called "Phonearena" which shows the screen brightness compared to other devices. Based on this, I would say the KEYᵒⁿᵉ is fine outdoors.

It may not be as bright as other but can surely get the job done. My Priv is definitely bright enough outside so seeing as it's lower on the chart the KEYᵒⁿᵉ must be fine 😃
    How do you type KEYone the way you have?
    06-22-2017 06:44 PM

After reading reviews I was concerned about the screen as well. The screen is really good. No problems. Also the phone is smooth and fast.
    06-22-2017 06:51 PM
    I absolutely love my KeyONE! It certainly isn't perfect, but it is a great communication tool!
    06-22-2017 08:55 PM

I turned off adaptive brightness and now I find it too bright when turned up all the way in normal light. Outdoors in fine turned up
    06-22-2017 09:56 PM
    I'm loving this phone, too! It feels solid and the keyboard is a dream. My beautiful Priv is being put to the side. I was going to retire my Q10, but my husband prefers the small form factor. Hard to believe this isn't a flagship model. In my mind it is, older processor or no. Turning the animations to .5 in the developer settings makes this device even snappier.
    I would also recommend Nova launcher as it is smoother than stock. You will lose key app launches though but I don't mind. Btw Nova now supports Google Now . There's an apk at Android police
    06-22-2017 10:01 PM
    The more I use this the better I feel -

I do notice aggressive RAM it doesn't mean anything to

The more I use the device the overall feel is awesome!

I do notice aggressive RAM management-

For instance I use PowerAmp and while playing music, my OCD kicks in and I don't just leave apps open I am always clearing all lol - but in all my other devices - music still plays, I don't have to make any changes etc. Works right out of the box.

I use night mode and it too stops working if the app isn't running and you clear all - or so I thought, it actually is hit or miss if you enable night mode and remove it from your recent apps it may or may not stop working.

The screen is way too bright, I'm hardly outside but I can see just fine - it is always like brightness to 0 lol I may turn it up slide a little but I find the display to be too bright I would never go past 1/4 if that of the brightness bar.

Aside the occasional accidental hit of the capacitive keys thats my biggest complaint. I have over 20gb of music it doesnt lag on PowerAmp which was a concern, and battery life Is ridiculous I've yet to kill it - whew.

It's better than my Classic that's for sure and given the price ! Whether I liked it or not I only paid $280 for it with tax. At $549 it doesnt command that price. If I had to pay that price I would wait until the price dropped in a few months. I do enjoy the device, but not $549+ tax lol.
    06-22-2017 10:31 PM
    How do you type KEYone the way you have?
    It's a special font that I got from one of the moderators on Crackberry which superscripts the last 3 letters 😃 Looks awesome doesn't it?

All you need to do is copy the word that I posted and add a 'auto correction' in your dictionary so when you type the word "keyone" then it automatically corrects to the special KEYᵒⁿᵉ version. Make sense?
    brucewayne likes this.
    06-23-2017 05:27 AM
    It's a special font that I got from one of the moderators on Crackberry which superscripts the last 3 letters 😃 Looks awesome doesn't it?

All you need to do is copy the word that I posted and add a 'auto correction' in your dictionary so when you type the word "keyone" then it automatically corrects to the special KEYᵒⁿᵉ version. Make sense?
    Thanks. My Blackberry skills are rusty
    Matty likes this.
    06-23-2017 05:49 AM
    What's with the "I'm" in the thread title?
    06-23-2017 12:54 PM
    a mistake lol I don't know how to edit
    06-23-2017 04:52 PM
    a mistake lol I don't know how to edit
    Unfortunately only moderators or admin staff can edit thread titles. Just find one of them around the forums and send them a private message. They will change it for you 😃

I've always felt we should be able to edit our own thread titles. Maybe in the future that functionality will be available.
    DominionRoofs likes this.
    06-24-2017 12:58 AM