Recent Apps and Notifications

anon(8648115)

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys,

So I've been noticing something with the Keyone that I haven't with my other android phones: to get notifications for some apps (e.g. Discord, or even email) the apps themselves MUST be open or in the recent list.

I've never noticed this with say, my HTC 10. I can have all apps cleared and still get discord and email notifications, though not on the Keyone.

My question is, is there much more aggressive RAM management on the Keyone as opposed to other handsets? I don't enjoy having a bunch of apps in the recent apps... and if getting notifications is predicated on me keeping apps open, that seems like a bit of an oversight.

tl;dr, why am I not getting notifications unless the apps are open? I've never seen this with any other android phone.

Thanks!

JeBe4

Banned
Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys,

So I've been noticing something with the Keyone that I haven't with my other android phones: to get notifications for some apps (e.g. Discord, or even email) the apps themselves MUST be open or in the recent list.

I've never noticed this with say, my HTC 10. I can have all apps cleared and still get discord and email notifications, though not on the Keyone.

My question is, is there much more aggressive RAM management on the Keyone as opposed to other handsets? I don't enjoy having a bunch of apps in the recent apps... and if getting notifications is predicated on me keeping apps open, that seems like a bit of an oversight.

tl;dr, why am I not getting notifications unless the apps are open? I've never seen this with any other android phone.

Thanks!

It's definitely an issue with this latest update(see my thread on "clear all" recent apps) shouldn't have to keep apps in the recent app list just to get notifications or music to keep playing none of my devices have ever had this issue when I clear all recent apps, it didn't do this before the update :(

modifier

Jul 13, 2017
Visit site
Had this issue with two apps that are supposed to run in the background. Neither would function as intended unless sitting in the recent apps list.

I've tried disabling battery optimization and data optimization for both apps to no avail. They still get killed completely when closed.

Glad I'm not the only one noticing this issue. I wasn't sure if this was an Android 7 issue or something specific with the Keyone OS build.

anon(9638631)

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
Known, documented issue over at CB and hopefully the July or at worst, August patch will fix this. This is such a hassle for me right now that I am using my BB Classic as my primary phone until this issue is solved.

And if you're shouting RIM, you're barking up the wrong tree my friend.

modifier

Jul 13, 2017
Visit site
Known, documented issue over at CB and hopefully the July or at worst, August patch will fix this. This is such a hassle for me right now that I am using my BB Classic as my primary phone until this issue is solved.
Same here except a Q10.

Is it an Android 7.x issue overall or specific to the June update in the KEYone?

JeBe4

Banned
Sep 16, 2015
Visit site

And if you're shouting RIM, you're barking up the wrong tree my friend.

As long as I wield a BlackBerry device they will always be a RIM job to me

anon(9638631)

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
Same here except a Q10.

Is it an Android 7.x issue overall or specific to the June update in the KEYone?

From what I'm hearing, it's a June update thing. I cannot comment on that behalf because I only used my K1 for a day on the May update that shipped with my device before I updated to the June update.

I'm sure the stupidly aggressive Dose in 7.0 is suspect as well in a way.

modifier

Jul 13, 2017
Visit site
From what I'm hearing, it's a June update thing. I cannot comment on that behalf because I only used my K1 for a day on the May update that shipped with my device before I updated to the June update.

I'm sure the stupidly aggressive Dose in 7.0 is suspect as well in a way.
Thanks. Same here. I took delivery of my K1 a couple weeks ago and got the June update maybe a day or two later. At the time it didn't hit me that the update might have been the root cause. I don't have another Android phone on 7.x to know if the issue follows the OS or the phone.

anon(9638631)

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
Thanks. Same here. I took delivery of my K1 a couple weeks ago and got the June update maybe a day or two later. At the time it didn't hit me that the update might have been the root cause. I don't have another Android phone on 7.x to know if the issue follows the OS or the phone.

I have a Note 5 on 7.0 and I can assure you that everything runs as perfectly as it should on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12