How do I set my BB KEYone to toggle from one language to another?

BBlova4lyf

Jul 29, 2017
Visit site
I have gone into "LANGUAGES and INPUT" and added both languages. It always defaults to the language I have set under "current keyboard." Both languages are set there too but u can only pick one to be active. Do I need to download something?

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
I have gone into "LANGUAGES and INPUT" and added both languages. It always defaults to the language I have set under "current keyboard." Both languages are set there too but u can only pick one to be active. Do I need to download something?

Hey @BBlova4lyf 😃 Sorry it's taken so long for someone to reply. Hopefully we can get you sorted.

There is an option in Settings -> Language & Input -> Blackberry Keyboard Settings -> Multi-language keyboard.

This will only allow one language to define the layout of the keyboard but it will auto correct and predict any other language words when you start typing them. So if you start typing in Spanish, it will predict words in Spanish for you instead of English.

Is this what you are looking for?
Or are you wanting a button on the keyboard to manually switch keyboard layouts depending on the language you want to use?

kjung7

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
If you want to switch languages, once you have the cursor in a text field show up long press on the spacebar and a box with language input options will pop up. Hope that helps.