01-03-2018 12:23 AM
64 123
tools
    Would the Black Edition have the same lag?
    ?
    11-08-2017 08:53 AM
    ?
    ?
    11-08-2017 04:08 PM
    ?
    Would the black edition have the same lag given the extra gig of ram?
    11-09-2017 08:53 AM
    Would the black edition have the same lag given the extra gig of ram?
    That's my question.
    11-09-2017 05:41 PM
    Thought I was the only one going crazy. For everyone on this thread that is saying they are not having any issues, that is because you are using it moderately for work or non-heavy user.

I am a power user too, expecially leaving the Pixel and S8 to go back to one of my fav form factored smartphones > BB Qwerty KB device > I am super disappointed in the final product. It is hands-down a performance issue related to the chipset. Great move to use TCL to manufacture but poor business decision to put together a medicore phone. Everything sounds great on specs, but when it comes down to use, it's definitely lag spiker.

I am constantly closing all my recent apps just to open whatsapp without hiccups...? Seriously...2017 and that's what I am doing?

IF you just got your device then you probably haven't hit th roadblock just yet as I have had this since launch earlier this year.

And what's annoying me more is that the BB Motion launches with the same exact specs with yes a larger battery life, IP67 protection and an extra gig of RAM - but I am highly confident that the phone will not perform like a Pixel.
    11-09-2017 11:47 PM

Not a lot of lag.
    11-12-2017 01:05 PM
    Yeah, I couldn't get past the stuttering when scrolling the ESPN app or even on Chrome. Ended up selling the phone.
    Ya...i really like the phone but I'm on the bubble too in terms of selling it, because of its slowness and substandard screen (not the size but it's sharpeners and clarity). My chances of selling it continue to increase as I use my trusty and lightly used Nexus 6P. Now that phone is FAST.
    11-12-2017 05:28 PM
    its not the processor it's the heavy skin from RIM - I had the moto g5plus and that thing was super snappy - thus RIM should have had 1gb of RAM dedicated for just their stuff hidden partition - and 4gb of RAM for end user - and reduce their OS or increase processor to accommodate their extra fluff
    1. RIM is dead. BlackBerry is the enterprise security company, BlackBerry Mobile makes the phones. 2. There is veeeeery little skinning going on. It's a very stock experience and can be made almost stock with the exception of a few core security apps.
    11-20-2017 09:43 PM
    Delete the hub and see how much skin there is. That is the lag / jitter. Android will update and the hub doesn't get along. Delete it and see.
    12-14-2017 08:34 PM
    I couldn't do it. I wanted to love my KeyOne but I noticed the lag on the first day.
    12-22-2017 04:45 AM
    While I have experienced "lag" once or twice in the 2 months I've owned the phone, my experience is that the phone is SLOWER then some other Droid but not "laggy."
    12-24-2017 02:23 PM
    I loved K1, but since I bought the phone had few updates, that made phone a lot slower, To fix the problem, I removed SD card, factory reset the phone, Now even using all BB services, phones is a lot faster. Hope this will help someone. Thanks

While I have experienced "lag" once or twice in the 2 months I've owned the phone, my experience is that the phone is SLOWER then some other Droid but not "laggy."
    12-31-2017 11:57 AM
    I have compared it with Iphone X, its a lot faster now after hard reset, you should have try hard reset and than compare, and see its still behind S8, Thanks

Not a lot of lag.
    12-31-2017 12:00 PM
    I loved K1, but since I bought the phone had few updates, that made phone a lot slower, To fix the problem, I removed SD card, factory reset the phone, Now even using all BB services, phones is a lot faster. Hope this will help someone. Thanks
    Ya...there's a lot of discussion about this on Crackberry. This seems to be a working method as others have verified it too.
    01-03-2018 12:23 AM
64 123