the lag finally got to me

Risley88

Jan 24, 2017
Visit site
What amazes me is that Blackberry is on very thin ice and they had the opportunity to put the Snapdragon 835 with 4GB ram and more internal storage in this device giving Blackberry somewhat of a chance to comeback. Seems like their capital investors were looking for a loss with the specs in the KeyOne.

Eustis99

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
The keyone is not meant to be a power house media machine. They purposely used the 635 because it is very, very battery efficient to go along with the smaller display. They wanted the device to have long endurance and they accomplished exactly that.

anon(522296)

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
There is no lag on this device, rogue apps and not knowing how to set up an android phone cause lag. The 625 is used on several great android devices including the z play and no one complains about lag or slow phone.

DominionRoofs

Dec 14, 2016
Visit site
I started the thread but haven't looked at it because I returned the phone a long time ago. Honestly to say there is no lag is straight up crazy and this is not to bash the Keyone, but every Android phones "lag" or slow down from time to time. And I love when people defend a phone by saying" ah you just don't know how to use it" lol yeah whatever. I did all the animation tricks Yada Yada. This phone not only had slowdowns but it would straight freeze. I don't need a powerhouse media machine but when you're trying to run a business and using your phone for email, estimates multi-tasking, you want a snappy phone that opens apps almost immediately. I could freeze this phone easy with my usage. I don't think this phone is for serious business OR media people. I think it's for nostalgia. If Blackberry wants to catch the eye of more people, they will have to do it with more than just battery life.. they will have to keep up on performance. I'm not sure if it's the skin or optimization but the phone is too slow for me.

Last edited:

bitek

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
I've been enjoying this phone but sadly it has lagged more and more recently so much so that I'm sending it back. The phone not only takes a while to open apps but many times but just freezes and constantly which is unacceptable. I'm a power user and this thing can't keep up. It's a shame. Ordered a htc u11 instead. I'll try the follow up model next year and hopefully it gets a better processor
Define power user because I use this phone 24/7 so I see myself as power user and I have no lag

bitek

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
What amazes me is that Blackberry is on very thin ice and they had the opportunity to put the Snapdragon 835 with 4GB ram and more internal storage in this device giving Blackberry somewhat of a chance to comeback. Seems like their capital investors were looking for a loss with the specs in the KeyOne.
Based on your comment you are obviously not the target user for that phone. I bought KEYone two weeks ago and I do not care about snapdragon 835. I do care about two day battery though. This phone is fast for my work and what I use the phone for. 835 would just affect battery of my phone. I want my phone just keep going and going like bunny... and if you want 4gb version you can buy black special edition soon.

bitek

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
I started the thread but haven't looked at it because I returned the phone a long time ago. Honestly to say there is no lag is straight up crazy and this is not to bash the Keyone, but every Android phones "lag" or slow down from time to time. And I love when people defend a phone by saying" ah you just don't know how to use it" lol yeah whatever. I did all the animation tricks Yada Yada. This phone not only had slowdowns but it would straight freeze. I don't need a powerhouse media machine but when you're trying to run a business and using your phone for email, estimates multi-tasking, you want a snappy phone that opens apps almost immediately. I could freeze this phone easy with my usage. I don't think this phone is for serious business OR media people. I think it's for nostalgia. If Blackberry wants to catch the eye of more people, they will have to do it with more than just battery life.. they will have to keep up on performance. I'm not sure if it's the skin or optimization but the phone is too slow for me.
I disagree. Phone works perfectly fine. I use it for work every day. I am yet to see any serious hangup. The phone is more than fast enough for my work and I use it for work a lot. It can be app that you have on your phone.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I have had my note 5 for 18 months and no lag what so ever. So Android does not slow down after a while for every phone.

Last edited:

bitek

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
I have had my note 5 for 18 months and no lag what so ever. So Android does not slow down after a while for every phone.
I am yet to experience any lag on my KEYone. The phone is fast. I do not know what lag you are talking about.

Last edited:

anon(9638631)

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site

Operator error. Period.

Mtro

May 22, 2016
Visit site
Textra has been hanging up for me. Then creates lag until I'm forced to restart the phone. I have to restart it about 3 times a day. This just recently started happening. I may switch bag to the stock messenger, see if that helps.

bitek

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Textra has been hanging up for me. Then creates lag until I'm forced to restart the phone. I have to restart it about 3 times a day. This just recently started happening. I may switch bag to the stock messenger, see if that helps.
I am using textra as well and I do Not have any hangup. Sometimes is a different app that causes problems.

Eustis99

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
I'm using textra as well. I can't use the stock messenger app because sprint breaks up my messages and it pisses people off. Especially my gf 😂

ctt1wbw

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
How spoiled we have become. Even the Snapdragon 625 in the KEYone represents hundreds of thousands of times the processing power that put a man on the moon and still people aren't happy.

bitek

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
I got a lag first time today trying to edit photo file. I was upset for a brief moment until...

I realized the photo file was actually enormous and it was 6Mb in size. 3040 x 3040 pixels in size.

I decided to forgive my phone for being "slow" with editing this photo.

I think my PC with Intel I7 would not exactly be the speed demon doing stuff with this size photo.

Coraya

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Apps for business are usually poorly made and poorly optimized. That's probably the cause of his slow downs.