the lag finally got to me

texn884

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Well people want instant gratification and if its not there they squeal and ***** and moan!

I have been a big BB fan but have switched from my last BB Priv and got bored and went to Note 5 got bored and got LG V20 and its good no updates to speak of.

Id like to come back to BB but they just can't get it together maybe the new all touch will be a winner, im not holding my breath

Byrese

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
In my experience the K1 is slow or slowER than other phones. I've searched all on CB and AC for the culprit and while many disagree I think the problem is the Hub and the RAM it eats up. I had been debating deleting it but didn't bcuz I wanted a more authentic BlackBerry experience. Well...last nite I took the plunge, deleted/disabled the Hub and it's services and man...my phone is humming fast. And RAM usage is much lower.

I'm using Outlook and while I may go back to the Hub (it still the best at productivity) I'll do so with the knowledge of what I'm getting myself into.

texn884

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
In my experience the K1 is slow or slowER than other phones. I've searched all on CB and AC for the culprit and while many disagree I think the problem is the Hub and the RAM it eats up. I had been debating deleting it but didn't bcuz I wanted a more authentic BlackBerry experience. Well...last nite I took the plunge, deleted/disabled the Hub and it's services and man...my phone is humming fast. And RAM usage is much lower.

I'm using Outlook and while I may go back to the Hub (it still the best at productivity) I'll do so with the knowledge of what I'm getting myself into.

which model do you have?

Byrese

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
I tried the outlook app but one of my business emails just wont take so I am with the Hub all the way
I ended up going back to the Hub. Just figured that if I have a BlackBerry then I might as well go all the way.

Funny thing...after I reinstalled the Hub plus services it started to run faster. Not as fast as no Hub but faster. It hasn't lagged or shuddered once actually. Before it did though.

texn884

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I ended up going back to the Hub. Just figured that if I have a BlackBerry then I might as well go all the way.

Funny thing...after I reinstalled the Hub plus services it started to run faster. Not as fast as no Hub but faster. It hasn't lagged or shuddered once actually. Before it did though.

good deal sometimes these phones just need a little tweeking

icykle

Nov 10, 2017
Visit site
I'm with you on this one!

Thought I was the only one going crazy. For everyone on this thread that is saying they are not having any issues, that is because you are using it moderately for work or non-heavy user.

I am a power user too, expecially leaving the Pixel and S8 to go back to one of my fav form factored smartphones > BB Qwerty KB device > I am super disappointed in the final product. It is hands-down a performance issue related to the chipset. Great move to use TCL to manufacture but poor business decision to put together a medicore phone. Everything sounds great on specs, but when it comes down to use, it's definitely lag spiker.

I am constantly closing all my recent apps just to open whatsapp without hiccups...? Seriously...2017 and that's what I am doing?

IF you just got your device then you probably haven't hit th roadblock just yet as I have had this since launch earlier this year.

And what's annoying me more is that the BB Motion launches with the same exact specs with yes a larger battery life, IP67 protection and an extra gig of RAM - but I am highly confident that the phone will not perform like a Pixel.

Byrese

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, I couldn't get past the stuttering when scrolling the ESPN app or even on Chrome. Ended up selling the phone.
Ya...i really like the phone but I'm on the bubble too in terms of selling it, because of its slowness and substandard screen (not the size but it's sharpeners and clarity). My chances of selling it continue to increase as I use my trusty and lightly used Nexus 6P. Now that phone is FAST.

johnb_xp

Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
its not the processor it's the heavy skin from RIM - I had the moto g5plus and that thing was super snappy - thus RIM should have had 1gb of RAM dedicated for just their stuff hidden partition - and 4gb of RAM for end user - and reduce their OS or increase processor to accommodate their extra fluff
1. RIM is dead. BlackBerry is the enterprise security company, BlackBerry Mobile makes the phones. 2. There is veeeeery little skinning going on. It's a very stock experience and can be made almost stock with the exception of a few core security apps.

christenmartin

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site
Delete the hub and see how much skin there is. That is the lag / jitter. Android will update and the hub doesn't get along. Delete it and see.