11-20-2017 09:43 PM
58 123
tools
    I've been enjoying this phone but sadly it has lagged more and more recently so much so that I'm sending it back. The phone not only takes a while to open apps but many times but just freezes and constantly which is unacceptable. I'm a power user and this thing can't keep up. It's a shame. Ordered a htc u11 instead. I'll try the follow up model next year and hopefully it gets a better processor
    07-30-2017 01:08 PM
    Just for your future information - 'lag' refers to high latency on the internet. What you have is just a slow phone.
    07-30-2017 03:25 PM
    I've been enjoying this phone but sadly it has lagged more and more recently so much so that I'm sending it back. The phone not only takes a while to open apps but many times but just freezes and constantly which is unacceptable. I'm a power user and this thing can't keep up. It's a shame. Ordered a htc u11 instead. I'll try the follow up model next year and hopefully it gets a better processor
    If your looking for a power device I highly suggest the Galaxy S8 it's a great device you can't go wrong.
    Bfalcon1 likes this.
    07-31-2017 02:48 AM
    would the extra gig of RAM in the new black edition in India fix it? Or is it the processor?
    08-01-2017 02:43 PM
    Lag means what people think it means. Most "common" people use it to refer to a "slow" phone.
    Byrese likes this.
    08-01-2017 03:09 PM
    it's the processor. The extra ram is nice, but the processor is just too slow.
    08-03-2017 12:19 PM
    Can anyone confirm if his device is just a bit dodgy, or if the KEYone just is quite slow?
    08-03-2017 02:05 PM
    It's not slow. I would suggest a restore and set up the phone as new without doing a backup.
    aximtreo likes this.
    08-03-2017 06:33 PM
    It's not slow by any means, but it can take a second or two longer to load apps. Not a big deal for me, but for those who want things to be fast and quick they'll notice.
    08-05-2017 03:44 PM
    its not the processor it's the heavy skin from RIM - I had the moto g5plus and that thing was super snappy - thus RIM should have had 1gb of RAM dedicated for just their stuff hidden partition - and 4gb of RAM for end user - and reduce their OS or increase processor to accommodate their extra fluff
    08-05-2017 04:43 PM
    If it's really that slow, the hardware is probably fine, just so much extra bloat going on in the background.
    08-05-2017 05:23 PM
    I've been told the Blackberry Hub is what really bogs the device down. I don't own mine yet to test, it'll be here Monday. I've read that the Sprint variant automatically re-enables disabled apps. No idea why.
    Byrese likes this.
    08-05-2017 07:27 PM
    It would help to know exactly what apps/games/widgets are installed on a phone when someone claims they're slow. Even Samsung S8 owners have claimed their phone being slow and they have the latest SD 835 and 4GB RAM.

My K1 wasn't slow by any means. Hub was enabled with two business accounts constantly getting messages. The apps I had installed were pretty light on the system. DTEK was at 100% on the meter.
    EndRacism likes this.
    08-06-2017 04:59 AM
    I have a K1 as well as a Note 5 and I'll tell you in the two months using the K1, I have experienced zero lag and this thing does everything productivity wise identical to the Note 5. If you set-up/optimize your device properly, there should be no issues. Now I know that last comment will stir the pot but seriously, most people who complain about devices being slow and laggy are just suffering from operator error. There are people who complain about their S8 or their iPhone 7 being laggy. There are people complaining about their Corvette being too slow.
    modifier and EndRacism like this.
    08-07-2017 10:16 AM
    its not the processor it's the heavy skin from RIM - I had the moto g5plus and that thing was super snappy - thus RIM should have had 1gb of RAM dedicated for just their stuff hidden partition - and 4gb of RAM for end user - and reduce their OS or increase processor to accommodate their extra fluff
    Are we still talking about the KEYone? Or the 9700

Yes if you're having a slow device, disable HUB. Try that. If you mean opening the app takes a bit more time compared to a flagship with a 820 or 835 then yes that will happen.

The 625 is sufficient but i catch lag on an S8+ so I can only imagine what you'd see on the K1.
    08-09-2017 12:01 AM
    Are we still talking about the KEYone? Or the 9700

Yes if you're having a slow device, disable HUB. Try that. If you mean opening the app takes a bit more time compared to a flagship with a 820 or 835 then yes that will happen.

The 625 is sufficient but i catch lag on an S8+ so I can only imagine what you'd see on the K1.
    I don't use HUB or any BlackBerry apps - all Google

*BlackBerry launcher.
    08-09-2017 12:52 AM
    Only lag I see is opening the app drawer. it takes a couple seconds. Nothing to get bent out of shape over.
    08-09-2017 10:37 AM
    It's a very fluid device no lag at all I would suggest using developer mode and change the animation settings.
    08-10-2017 06:29 AM
    Which theme are you running? I was running the dark theme in the hub and in the app drawer and had considerable slow down. I read that the dark theme has this bug which causes lag. I changed back to the light for both and man, what a difference.
    08-11-2017 12:53 AM
    Which theme are you running? I was running the dark theme in the hub and in the app drawer and had considerable slow down. I read that the dark theme has this bug which causes lag. I changed back to the light for both and man, what a difference.
    I found the same thing on my Priv. Going back to light theme makes things less laggy.
    Eustis99 likes this.
    08-13-2017 01:56 AM
    What amazes me is that Blackberry is on very thin ice and they had the opportunity to put the Snapdragon 835 with 4GB ram and more internal storage in this device giving Blackberry somewhat of a chance to comeback. Seems like their capital investors were looking for a loss with the specs in the KeyOne.
    08-26-2017 04:25 PM
    The keyone is not meant to be a power house media machine. They purposely used the 635 because it is very, very battery efficient to go along with the smaller display. They wanted the device to have long endurance and they accomplished exactly that.
    modifier and Eggmundo like this.
    08-26-2017 09:02 PM
    I came from an S8, and while it is slowER, I wouldn't call it slow. Pretty good!
    Have you tried exchanging? Maybe yours has a prob
    modifier likes this.
    08-30-2017 09:51 AM
    There is no lag on this device, rogue apps and not knowing how to set up an android phone cause lag. The 625 is used on several great android devices including the z play and no one complains about lag or slow phone.
    modifier likes this.
    08-31-2017 03:54 PM
    I started the thread but haven't looked at it because I returned the phone a long time ago. Honestly to say there is no lag is straight up crazy and this is not to bash the Keyone, but every Android phones "lag" or slow down from time to time. And I love when people defend a phone by saying" ah you just don't know how to use it" lol yeah whatever. I did all the animation tricks Yada Yada. This phone not only had slowdowns but it would straight freeze. I don't need a powerhouse media machine but when you're trying to run a business and using your phone for email, estimates multi-tasking, you want a snappy phone that opens apps almost immediately. I could freeze this phone easy with my usage. I don't think this phone is for serious business OR media people. I think it's for nostalgia. If Blackberry wants to catch the eye of more people, they will have to do it with more than just battery life.. they will have to keep up on performance. I'm not sure if it's the skin or optimization but the phone is too slow for me.
    icykle likes this.
    09-01-2017 06:19 PM
58 123