Call quality and reception?

Eustis99

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
So I don't have my KeyONE yet, it'll be here Monday. I'm looking forward to it for sure! But, I've read on crackberry so many posts from people complaining of dropped calls and or poor reception in general. I figured I'd come here and see what you's guys have to say about it. Like I said, I'm looking forward to my guy but also pretty worried about that. I use Sprint and have zero reception issues with my iPhone and HTC U11 currently.

modifier

Jul 13, 2017
Visit site
Mine had great call quality but mediocre reception. But, I also used a wired headset most of the time and not the internal mic. Reception when driving around wasn't as good as my previous BB devices.

All you can do is try it for yourself. I'm sure it's both subjective and area-dependent. You might be fine.

Derek Stacey

Aug 5, 2017
Visit site
There is a definite difference between handsets. I went through 2 both were different. In an area where signal is fine, both phones were fantastic. Where I live, the signal is "iffy" and I had to return both of them. I have never had an issue like that with any of the other 8 BlackBerry phones that I've owned. Supposedly the latest batch is better according to my carrier. I didn't want to take the chance and be stuck with a bad one, so I switched manufacturers. The best advice is to try it for yourself. It really is a great phone otherwise.

Eustis99

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the replies! my guy will be here tomorrow so I guess I have to hope it's gonna be fine. I read a lot of horror stories with the sprint variant so I guess we'll see

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Had mine for 2.5 days on AT&T and call and reception was great you just don't get HD calling which sounds better on a call.

modifier

Jul 13, 2017
Visit site
VoLTE, HD Calling and WiFi Calling all worked flawlessly on T-Mobile with the K1. Hopefully Sprint doesn't limit these features to branded phones like AT&T. That's unfair to customers. The iPhone is the only phone AT&T allows full access regardless of where it's purchased.

Assuming @Eustis99 is buying his from Sprint, I'd assume all features will work.

Last edited:

Eustis99

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Well I got my keyone and like it. Reception seems to be fine but, I have one minor gripe. All the time it shows a message on screen that says "network error, please try again later." It displays this error even when I have good reception and connected to WiFi. Any ideas?

modifier

Jul 13, 2017
Visit site
I've enabled WiFi calling on my KEYone on TMobile but how do you enable VoLTE?
VoLTE is part of IMS. If you're on a tower that supports it, it should just work. The last few calls I made showed a VoLTE icon before HD Calling kicked in.

Well I got my keyone and like it. Reception seems to be fine but, I have one minor gripe. All the time it shows a message on screen that says "network error, please try again later." It displays this error even when I have good reception and connected to WiFi. Any ideas?
Only thing I can only guess is it's an issue with WiFi Calling not being able to handshake with the server. That's just a guess though. If your K1 came from Sprint, I'd suggest calling Sprint.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia