Will I Be Able To Sandbox or Keep Google's prying Eye's Off My Meta Data?

EndRacism

Mar 21, 2017
Visit site
I'm thinking about buying a Blackberry Keyone in a few months.

If I do, I want to isolate my incoming lavabit email from the prying eyes of google as well as my contacts, my pictures and my documents that I might have on the phone. So, is there a way to sandbox all my private meta data and data from google?

Generally I use firefox with duckduckgo, https, noscript, adblockPlus, and a VPN, if not TOR.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Even with every thing your doing, your ISP can still track your usage. It's impossible to be completely invisible online.

EndRacism

Mar 21, 2017
Visit site
Basically, no. If you use the phone with a Google account then the info is there. It's also there on your computer.

Why set it up with a Google account?, I assume it is not required, that I can use bb contacts, firefox, etc, and use amazon for Apps if I wanted Apps but basically do not use but 3-4 Apps.

EndRacism

Mar 21, 2017
Visit site
You've not had an android phone before?

I've had several, but have never had a KEYone, with 'baked' in BB Apps. Which I assume/hope would allow me to set up phone so that my contacts, pictures, and other data/meta data are kept out of Google's clutches. For example it is my understanding that KEYone HUB can do more than the BB HUB App on an Android phone?

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Which I assume/hope would allow me to set up phone so that my contacts, pictures, and other data/meta data are kept out of Google's clutches

Checking with other folks who have the KeyOne it sounds like you will need to have a Google account to setup the phone, which is Android. You may be able to get around that but the phone may not be very usable. Up to you :)

EndRacism

Mar 21, 2017
Visit site
Checking with other folks who have the KeyOne it sounds like you will need to have a Google account to setup the phone, which is Android. You may be able to get around that but the phone may not be very usable. Up to you :)

I might factory reset my Nexus 6P and see what I can do, Thanks!!

modifier

Jul 13, 2017
Visit site
Sign up for Google Suite and set up Android Device Management. This is about the only way you can control internal data mining on an Android device with any kind of accountability. It's not free but nothing free is private.

https://gsuite.google.com/security/
The customer – not Google – owns their data. Google does not sell your data to third parties, there is no advertising in G Suite, and we never collect or use data from G Suite services for any advertising purposes.

There's a whitepaper PDF at the bottom of the page that goes into greater detail.

As suggested above, you would need a VPN service for non-https traffic, non-encrypted data and plaintext browser headers if you're concerned with your ISP.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21