Hi all,

I Just wanted share a couple of 'gif's' with 2 fast and easy tips on the Blackberry KEYOne.
    Here's 2 simple things that are automatically enabled on the BBK1 that I find extremely useful.

Anyone remember the LG G3? There was a cool feature I used all the time where I could double tap my screen to see the time/date and other notifications. After switching from that device to other's I found myself constantly tapping on the screen only to find they didn't operate the same way. It was habit.
    Well, it's a nice habit and I'm glad to see that double tapping on the Blackberry KEYOne (BBK1) screen will bring it to life allowing me to look at the date/time and notifications.
    For a short time I was disappointed that the BBK1 didn't have an always on display, but now that I can just lightly tap the screen I no longer have that concern.

So, double tap and the screen comes to life. Nice.
    https://1.bp.blogspot.com/95VqG5LGyk...86PnsClLQ=s800

Well, double tap also has another cool function.
    When in typing mode - as in an email or a text message, you can double tap the keyboard to get into a cursor mode. This allows you to swipe your finger left/right/up/down on the keyboard after double tapping to move the cursor similarly to how you would with a mouse. This is particularly good for getting perfect placement of the cursor to correct a typo or to add in additional text.
    I've found myself using this with almost every email I've sent since discovering this feature.
    https://4.bp.blogspot.com/Jx73kg6LoD...3BwjORP7g=s800
    That's all for now - bite sized pieces .

There's more tomorrow though. I'm not done messing around with the BBK1. I REALLY do like this phone.

Want to know more about the Blackberry KEYone? Give me a shout!

Rick

Oh - by the way, I couldn't figure out how to embed a GIF in my post. Is this something supported by Android Central? Tips? How about HTML? Thanks!

#Blackberry KEYOne #Blackberry #Android #BBM
    yourhums likes this.
    10-03-2017 12:10 PM
    The KEYONE really is a very good phone. BlackBerry hit a home run with this one.
    10-05-2017 03:18 AM
    Totally agree. People really are taken aback when I show them this device.
    10-05-2017 10:25 AM
    I love the fact that I keep finding new and useful tricks on the Blackberry KeyONE. This time I've found a super easy way to access some of my most used apps without having to actually open them all the way!
    I don't know about you, but after I open apps I tend to leave them open, eventually slowing down my devices. Also, I don't use many widgets on my screens. I prefer a simple clean looking device, plus I find they tend to drain battery quickly - though I definitely limit some of the functionality I could gain from using widgets.
    ... and then I found PopUp Widgets and I'm able to get the best of both worlds.

So, check this out - any apps you have on your screen (not in the app drawer) that have 3 dots under them means it's PopUp Widget capable. Just swipe up on the icon and you'll have quick access to a widget without having to open the app! Check out the 'Android Central' PopUp widget for example and you'll see the top news articles immediately. Swipe up on the calendar and you'll have quick access to view your calendar without having to open the full app.

Just another well thought out feature on the BBK1.

Link to GIF: https://2.bp.blogspot.com/5HXpJh5CSA...uVkbKRH5g=s400

Want to know more about the Blackberry KeyONE? Give me a shout!

Rick

#Blackberry KEYOne #Keyboard #Blackberry #Android #BBM

As part of a device ambassador program I have the glorious opportunity to test out multiple devices by multiple manufacturers and write my opinions. I am not an employee of a device manufacturer and I do not speak on behalf of any mobile carriers. My opinions are solely my own. R
    10-09-2017 12:23 PM
    I know this is slightly off topic, but I've seen lots of posts and reviews saying that tempered glass screen protectors for the K1 really inhibit the sensitivity of the three buttons at the bottom of the screen. Have you found this to be true with the ones you've tried?
    10-10-2017 05:07 PM
    I know this is slightly off topic, but I've seen lots of posts and reviews saying that tempered glass screen protectors for the K1 really inhibit the sensitivity of the three buttons at the bottom of the screen. Have you found this to be true with the ones you've tried?
    Hi yourhums, honestly can't say. I haven't installed a screen protector. I feel like the actual keyboard and the bezel around the screen protects the phone screen if I put it face down as they're raised a bit higher than the glass.
    I also keep my blackberry (and all my devices) in a microfiber sunglass bag when I put them in my pocket or my backpack to avoid scratches from my keys etc. Also easy to clean off fingerprints .

Haven't heard that before, but it's definitely possible.

Rick
    10-11-2017 09:05 AM