BlackBerry Mobile's excellent customer service.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Wait, that's excellent? Or did I miss a /s?

Why didn't he get his actual device back with a new display? Are they paying him the difference between the model he bought and what they gave him? This is very confusing. Like the 64 vs 32, really who cares not that big a deal in the real world. It doesn't make sense, but I could get over it. But that wasn't the only difference between those models... the 64 also has 33% more RAM.

ToniCipriani

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Wait, that's excellent? Or did I miss a /s?
Yup.

Why didn't he get his actual device back with a new display? Are they paying him the difference between the model he bought and what they gave him? This is very confusing. Like the 64 vs 32, really who cares not that big a deal in the real world. It doesn't make sense, but I could get over it. But that wasn't the only difference between those models... the 64 also has 33% more RAM.

Clearly not. The Black Edition is at least $70 more than the 32GB version. And yes he was paying to get it repaired, and they completely swapped his device out for something else.

Byrese

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
My experience with BB Customer Support has not been that great either. I sent them my K1 for warranty exchange (dead pkb) and they sent me a uncertified device in its place. To their credit, that situation was handled swiftly and correctly.

But once I did get the device I later discovered that the device they sent was uncertified. When I told them It took me a few days to get this straightened out (i don't think they've ever seen this problem before). Finally I was able to get a second replacement. It's sitting in my living room as a contemplate selling it and moving on. Tough choice cause I really love the phone.

anon(9638631)

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
I'm gonna add to this thread.

As I posted over at CrackBerry, I've had my K1 since June 2017. Screen fell out on March 6th. Shipped to BB on March 7th. Received back on March 23rd. Opened package, took phone out, screen fell out. They did not do one single thing to it but all the paperwork and the notes on the online repair portal says that they used adhesive to fix the screen. After inspection, there is zero adhesive on the screen. I was without my device for 17 days and now it has to go back for another old college try.

I've been a loyal BB user since the early days and I love the K1 as a whole but if they can't get it right this go around, I'm done with their garbage.

westiewanderer

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm gonna add to this thread.

As I posted over at CrackBerry, I've had my K1 since June 2017. Screen fell out on March 6th. Shipped to BB on March 7th. Received back on March 23rd. Opened package, took phone out, screen fell out. They did not do one single thing to it but all the paperwork and the notes on the online repair portal says that they used adhesive to fix the screen. After inspection, there is zero adhesive on the screen. I was without my device for 17 days and now it has to go back for another old college try.

I've been a loyal BB user since the early days and I love the K1 as a whole but if they can't get it right this go around, I'm done with their garbage.
I can't believe your screen fell out twice. I love BB as well, but that cannot happen in a market as saturated as we have right now. I did not have any problem with my keyone, but it's a year behind everyone right out of the box. BB and it's partners need to step it up or be left behind forever.

anon(9638631)

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
I can't believe your screen fell out twice. I love BB as well, but that cannot happen in a market as saturated as we have right now. I did not have any problem with my keyone, but it's a year behind everyone right out of the box. BB and it's partners need to step it up or be left behind forever.

Yup, believe it.

They did not make any apparent repairs to the device. There was literally zero adhesive used in their "repair".

Sent it off, once again, to BB this morning. Hopefully I'll be able to report something positive here in the next 15-20 days or so. Hopefully.

BB_PP

May 29, 2017
Visit site
I was loyal to blackberry since many years. i bought K1 right after launch and after two months screen fell down, wrote to blackberry mobile but nothing. switched to samsung and sent my mobile for repair, bbmo sent me brand new 64gb k1.

anon(9638631)

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
I was loyal to blackberry since many years. i bought K1 right after launch and after two months screen fell down, wrote to blackberry mobile but nothing. switched to samsung and sent my mobile for repair, bbmo sent me brand new 64gb k1.

They sent you a "brand new" refurbished 64GB K1.

Byrese

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
I have heard the BlackBerry Mobile customer service has been so so along with the quality of the product.
I would agree. I got two replacement devices from them both with defects of their own. I loved the K1 and would have honestly kept mine if it wasn't for the pkb going dead on the my first device (I had three total). Quality matters!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agentirish