https://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=13064781

TL;DR -

- OP smashed the screen of his Black Edition 64GB accidentally
    - Since this is not warranty, OP paid out of pocket for the screen replacement
    - BlackBerry Mobile sends OP a refurbished Silver 32GB
    - OP contacts BlackBerry Mobile, they replace it again, but this time it's a Black 32GB.
    11-06-2017 05:29 PM
    Wait, that's excellent? Or did I miss a /s?

Why didn't he get his actual device back with a new display? Are they paying him the difference between the model he bought and what they gave him? This is very confusing. Like the 64 vs 32, really who cares not that big a deal in the real world. It doesn't make sense, but I could get over it. But that wasn't the only difference between those models... the 64 also has 33% more RAM.
    11-06-2017 05:53 PM
    Wait, that's excellent? Or did I miss a /s?
    Yup.

Why didn't he get his actual device back with a new display? Are they paying him the difference between the model he bought and what they gave him? This is very confusing. Like the 64 vs 32, really who cares not that big a deal in the real world. It doesn't make sense, but I could get over it. But that wasn't the only difference between those models... the 64 also has 33% more RAM.
    Clearly not. The Black Edition is at least $70 more than the 32GB version. And yes he was paying to get it repaired, and they completely swapped his device out for something else.
    11-06-2017 09:34 PM
    My experience with BB Customer Support has not been that great either. I sent them my K1 for warranty exchange (dead pkb) and they sent me a uncertified device in its place. To their credit, that situation was handled swiftly and correctly.

But once I did get the device I later discovered that the device they sent was uncertified. When I told them It took me a few days to get this straightened out (i don't think they've ever seen this problem before). Finally I was able to get a second replacement. It's sitting in my living room as a contemplate selling it and moving on. Tough choice cause I really love the phone.
    12-24-2017 02:31 PM