In the middle of deleting all BB functions/Apps/Launcher, etc and.....

EndRacism

Mar 21, 2017
Visit site
I'm in the middle of setting up after wipe, my K1black to a pure android set with all bb apps and functions taken off or disabled, and it's hard than I thought.

How do I proceed, for one, I cannot Force Stop the BB Launcher, all in all, it all has to go, all BB apps.

turbochgd

Oct 18, 2016
Visit site
If the apps can't be disabled in settings, then to remove them you'd have to root the phone. I don't have a Blackberry but I haven't seen anything about being able to root them.

Byrese

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
I'm in the middle of setting up after wipe, my K1black to a pure android set with all bb apps and functions taken off or disabled, and it's hard than I thought.

How do I proceed, for one, I cannot Force Stop the BB Launcher, all in all, it all has to go, all BB apps.
You can switch launchers. Nova comes installed. Then with the apps you have to deactivate first then uninstall make sure you uninstall the blackberry hub + services app and not just the BlackBerry hub.

EndRacism

Mar 21, 2017
Visit site
You can switch launchers. Nova comes installed. Then with the apps you have to deactivate first then uninstall make sure you uninstall the blackberry hub + services app and not just the BlackBerry hub.

I was able to, Force Stop, BB hub + services, I went through Apps and deleted if possible, if not then Force Stop. Except cannot stop dtek. I did download Google Launcher. Don't know if there's a quicker way but so far it seems to be working, Also downloaded Google contacts, and calendar and others to replace bb's.

Byrese

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
I was able to, Force Stop, BB hub + services, I went through Apps and deleted if possible, if not then Force Stop. Except cannot stop dtek. I did download Google Launcher. Don't know if there's a quicker way but so far it seems to be working, Also downloaded Google contacts, and calendar and others to replace bb's.
Did you deactivate BB services?

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Why the hell do you own a BB if you want to remove all the BB-ness?
It's like the other guy who bought a Pixel and complains why he has to save contacts to Google.

To OP:

The only way to remove all the BB stuff is to root and install a custom ROM. Some BB stuff may be irremovable or disable is blocked because they are part of the firmware.

The best option for you is to sell the thing and buy something else.

acezfilms

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
It's like the other guy who bought a Pixel and complains why he has to save contacts to Google.

To OP:

The only way to remove all the BB stuff is to root and install a custom ROM. Some BB stuff may be irremovable or disable is blocked because they are part of the firmware.

I didn't think you could root a BlackBerry android phone.

n1nj4Lo

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site

To OP:

...A Samsung S6/7/8/9 and snap-on keyboard case!!

But yes, it's not that laggy anyways as it is, he just wants to bloat and lag it up with Google shiet! I'd trust bb over g, at least they're known secure phone company and respect our privacy and don't sell it to advertisers, UNLIKE Goog!! haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC