Is it worth buying a Key One in 2018?

dmateo

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
Was at my local best buy in NYC today and noticed the key one on display. It brought back great memories of all the blackberry devices I had in the past so I decided I buy a 64gb black edition on Amazon to try out. It'll arrive tomorrow.. for those of you using this device, is it worth buying in 2018?

It looks incredible in all black. I'm excited to try it out!

nucks26

Trusted Member
Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
How is it to watch YouTube vids On? Thinking about maybe getting one....

It works perfectly fine. If you're switching from a galaxy or pixel to a KEYone than obviously your experience viewing media won't be as great initially. However, it's human nature to just adjust. Once you're used to the smaller LCD display, it works perfectly fine for YouTube videos. Moral of the story is the KEYone doesn't have a BAD display but it's certainly not the best, nor was it intended to be the best video viewing device.

Circuitsoft

Mar 4, 2018
Visit site
The bigger issue is RAM usage by newer OS releases. You can't have any apps open in the background, because they constantly get kicked out of RAM and lose state.

Chuck Finley69

Trusted Member
Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
The KEYone is a 4X4 Gas(3/32) F250 or Diesel(4/64) F350. Android flagships are like Corvette or Viper. Some Android flagships are like Cadillac or Chrysler. It’s just that BlackBerries to Apples, they’re different fruits.

DominionRoofs

Dec 14, 2016
Visit site
I'm waiting for the keyone 2. I wanted to love the first iteration but it would freeze and crash constantly. I'm crossing my fingers that the 2 will have 6gb ram and better optimization.

BBUniq01

May 14, 2016
Visit site
is the black Keyone much different with the extra two gig of ram?

I had the original KEYone and upgraded to the Ltd Black Edition and yes there is a difference. I am loving the K1. My son has the Motion and reports zero lag as well as fantastic battery life. I was also involved in a bad car crash where my K1 was thrown (the SUV was totaled). Not a scratch on the device!

jakie55

Trusted Member
May 7, 2011
Visit site
To set things up, I am NOT a gamer. I watch YouTube video, do emails, text, and make phone calls. In this context the original KEYone silver works wonderfully as long as one closes apps regularly. The BE will be even better