[REVIEW] Incipio DualPro for the BlackBerry Motion

Adam Matlock

Trusted Member
Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
https://youtu.be/y5aF-Tp_YAk

Two is usually better than one, unless of course you’re talking about golf, or maybe minutes on the clock until you get off of work (har har har). However, when it comes to phone cases, sometimes two really is better than one, and that’s the case with well… the case. What case is it you might ask? Well, it’s the DualPro by Incipio. Incipio has been making the DualPro case for quite some time and it’s one of their more popular series of cases. I have to admit that I happen to be a big fan of them. I started using the DualPro series case a while ago, and I loved the version for my BlackBerry KeyONE. In fact, I loved it so much that I decided to get one to review and use for my fancy new BlackBerry Motion.

MVIMG_20180225_190338.jpg

The Look: The look of the case is the timeless, integrated two-case system that provides tons of protection for your phone. It has a soft inner case that wraps around your phone and keeps it safe and warm, and then a secondary shell that’s made of hard plastic that helps add impact resistance and drop protection. The case does have seams, but it appears to be as almost seamless - for real; it looks and feels like a one-piece. There are several other two-piece case systems that I have used in the past, and many of them have a hard time sealing up properly and melding together; not so with the DualPro. The DualPro clicks into place and is comfortably snug, but oh so elegant. The version that I got is the Black on Black case, and it looks fantastic. The DualPro also comes in Iridescent Midnight Blue, which also ooks fantastic.

MVIMG_20180225_190344.jpg
MVIMG_20180225_190359.jpg

The Feel: The case has a very unique feeling to it. In addition to being ultra protective, the patented Plextonium that forms the outer shell is svelte, and almost has a soft-to-the-touch feel. It’s not slick, but your finger glides over it with ease. In addition to having a unique, comfortable texture, it’s also not prone to scratches – at least they aren’t readily visible. The overall feel of the case is nice and it feels sturdy, yet form-fitting. Usually protective style cases are pretty bulky, but the DualPro has a really solid feel to it that I like, and just feels right when it’s on the phone. The buttons are nice and responsive, with a comfortable tactile feel. Last but not least, the cut-out for the USB-C port is great and gives you easy access to charge your phone.

MVIMG_20180225_190421.jpg
MVIMG_20180225_190505.jpg
MVIMG_20180225_190610.jpg

Security: Security is where the DualPro shines. It may be fancy and feel great, but it also has 10ft of drop protection – holy smokes. You can drop this thing from the same height as a basketball goal rim and it will still be ok – according to them. I’m not crazy enough to drop my phone 10ft. However, 10ft is easily above what many other cases in this price range and heft have to offer. The case has a shock absorbing inner core that keeps your phone safe when it counts and keeps you focused on more important things like living your life and enjoying your phone in a variety of situations.

MVIMG_20180225_190628.jpg
MVIMG_20180225_190651.jpg

Conclusion: The Incipio DualPro is a great case that gives you flexibility with day-to-day life, when you otherwise might have to compromise on style or appearance to gain some added protection. However, with the DualPro, you can take what life throws at you and keep on keeping on. The aesthetics and form factor are excellent, it feels great and it has more protection than you can shake a stick at.

Pros:
- It looks great and really molds to the phone. Aesthetics are solid,
- The Black and Blue colors really make the phone stand out.
- Security is top-notch! 10ft of drop protection is crazy.

Cons:
- Doesn’t come in more colors – two is nice, but three or four could be better
- It’s not the cheapest case in the world ($29.99), but it’s well-priced
- Because of the rounded top of the Motion the top case seal looks a little odd.

If you’re interested in picking up one of Incipio’s DualPro cases for your BlackBerry Motion, you can check them out on http://www.incipio.com – they are currently priced at $29.99. Interested in getting one or you’ve used a DualPro case before? Sound off in the comments and let me, and others know what you think.

Attachments

• MVIMG_20180225_190603.jpg
    MVIMG_20180225_190603.jpg
    478.6 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

slivy58

Banned
Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone been able to find a Otterbox type case for the Motion?

OtterBox don't make one.

It appears now Incipio is jumping ship on the DualPro Series for the Motion as well according to what I just recently read/seen, black is OOS (no intentions to restock from what I hear) with the Carnaby variant the only one now, I'm expecting it to vanish too... They were supposed to have a Iridescent Blue DualPro available and was on their site for months as "coming soon/out-of-stock" but it never saw the light of day, now gone from their listing.

There's several TPU cases (most basic) out there for the Motion but found out you got to be careful w/some. The area inside where keys (vol/pwr/conv) reside is not recessed enough which cause keys to become over sensitive once case is on. Looking down the right side of phone/case while facing display and you'll notice case juts out in key area, essentially it is putting added pressure on keys just by it being installed.