I have a verizon unlocked GSM/CDMA Blackberry Priv android phone that I use with another carrier.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

The phone is constantly trying to connect - i suppose to verizon server. Naturally, without any success. But this is very annoying and time-consuming, as I have to wait some 5-10 seconds while "please wait we are preparing this application for use" pops up. Then another window pops up saying "Sorry, we are having trouble connecting bla-bla-bla... if you still cannot connect call.... Error code 1001". There is no program installed from verizon, at least it is not displayed in the apps list, so that i can uninstall it. Please help me to get rid of this. Thank you in advance.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Go to Settings>Apps, then Settings>Show System, and see if there are any Verizon apps that might be responsible. However, being preinstalled system/carrier apps, you won't be able to uninstall them, and you might not be able to Disable them either.

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC