I have a BlackBerry Priv, and you have questions. It's time to do the thing!

m1a1mg

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
BB10 updates actually came pretty quickly (multiples per year), and every BB10 phone they've ever made is still getting the latest updates. It was much much better than the BBOS days.

Really? So how is BB11 working for you. How many iterations of Android have come out since BB10 went live?

Sleepy_ER_Dr

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
Just adding my impression of the physical keyboard to this thread, I posted this on CB first:

I played with Priv for about an hour at an AT&T store. Keyboard is much much better than Torch keyboard but not as great as Bold, Q10 keyboard. Meaning, Torch keyboard had very little key travel so it wasn't as satisfying to type on it as it was on Bold. Priv keyboard has more key travel but still not as much as Q10, Bold. I think it's fine now though.

It took me about 20 mins to get proficient with physical keyboard. After 20 mins or so, I was demo-ing to AT&T rep, how awesome it is to have a physical keyboard. I showed him how I could talk to him and continue typing (blind). When he looked at my message, he was amazed that I typed a whole sentence without looking at the keyboard, while conversing with him, and it only had 2 typos.

I am waiting for white variant (as shown-off by Ron in MWC). As soon as they release white variant, I am purchasing it. Well, if they don't release a white variant by new year, I am going to get this black one. But I am going to do my best to hold out until Jan first week for white variant though.

While it is frustrating to wait for white variant, the bright side is this: BlackBerry is likely to push out updates to Hub, BBM apps so by the time I get my device, Hub would already have gotten better! To push updates to Hub, Calendar, BBM, BlackBerry does not need to do full OS update, these apps get updated via Google Play app store. So, I am quite confident, we'd be seeing frequent updates to Hub etc. Atleast until Hub becomes close to native BB10 hub app (as close as it can made to be on Android).

Agree with everything you said. I too am waiting on either the white or red variant....cant wait!!! Plus because this is Bberry's first attempt at an android device, I hope that by the time they release those variants, the software would be updated as much as possible and i would experience very few bugs.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Mod Note - Let's keep this on topic in regards to questions about the Priv. This way everyone can ask / find out what they want to know.

Thanks.

macolliejr

Jan 10, 2015
Visit site
Mod Note - Let's keep this on topic in regards to questions about the Priv. This way everyone can ask / find out what they want to know.

Thanks.

Couldn't agree more! I don't get why people take so much time to seek out arguments when no one was looking for one.

So that said back on topic I do have a question. I got my priv today and am still getting used to it. I have managed to get it set up almost entirely, no thanks to the various info transfer programs offered. But my most recent speedbump is that I know my music was transferred in the set up but there doesn't seem to be a player on this phone. Am I missing something? I see Google play but it seems to only deal with purchased music in Google and not my owned music on the sdcard. So outside of streams, how do I access my music files?

Posted via the Android Central App

run1fast

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
It is "safer" to have a number/pattern lock than a fingerprint. A judge in Virginia ruled that a suspect must provide their fingerprint to unlock their phone, even if it means incriminating themselves. Whereas, if you use a pin or pattern lock, then you do not have to provide it. Therefore if you are doing nefarious activities, it is safer not to use the fingerprint scanner. Source WSJ (I cant post links in comments. Not cool enough yet).

anon(870071)

Trusted Member
Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
How the hell do you sync outlook without BlackBerry link or blend. Is there a way to sync outlook calendar,contacts,tasks and notes?

anon(870071)

Trusted Member
Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
Couldn't agree more! I don't get why people take so much time to seek out arguments when no one was looking for one.

So that said back on topic I do have a question. I got my priv today and am still getting used to it. I have managed to get it set up almost entirely, no thanks to the various info transfer programs offered. But my most recent speedbump is that I know my music was transferred in the set up but there doesn't seem to be a player on this phone. Am I missing something? I see Google play but it seems to only deal with purchased music in Google and not my owned music on the sdcard. So outside of streams, how do I access my music files?

Make sure you have also installed the exfat extension or your music will not be readable off yer card. Open Google music once you've done this and tap they submenu it will be accessible.

Dunt Dunt Dunt

Q&A Team
Aug 10, 2015
Visit site
How the hell do you sync outlook without BlackBerry link or blend. Is there a way to sync outlook calendar,contacts,tasks and notes?

You need to use a email service that offers 2 way sync..... Either choose a free service (like outlook.com myself) or pay for a hosted exchange type account. Your can then export the existing info from the MS Outlook desktop program and import it into your new account. Can also forward your old email account to the new one, and most will allow you to reply from the old one if you choose too.

BlackBerry is supposedly working on a desktop software solution that might offer the features of LINK and BLEND... but no ETA or details.

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Make sure you have also installed the exfat extension or your music will not be readable off yer card. Open Google music once you've done this and tap they submenu it will be accessible.

Can you expand on this? What is the exfat extension? Is it something to do with formatting the chip, is it part of the music files?

I've been using rocket player for music, I assume that will still work?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluegarland692