AT&T No wireless charging

fraliex

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
Did you have to do anything special ?

Posted via the Android Central App

I did find a little trick.

Put phone to where Qi base detects device, and if you're not showing the charge indicator on the Priv; then lift one edge up about 1 inch and lay back down. You will create like a 20 degree angle.

jeffreytz

Mayor of Awesometown
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
AT&T support, while attempting to get the microcell to work, confirmed that they are not showing wireless charging for this phone. Tried with 3 different Qi chargers.

I can confirm it works with my LG WCP-700 Qi charging pad. The coil is located pretty low on the back of the Priv, just FYI. It also worked with the old "ball" Nexus charger but it won't stay on it due to the location of the coil, but I couldn't get it to work at all with the newer Nexus Qi charger which is interesting to say the least (standards?). I need to find my Nokia Qi charger and try that one, it might actually work the best with the Priv give it's layout.

I also had initial problems getting my Priv to connect to my microcell but I think this was because the AT&T store insisted on changing my SIM. Once I deleted my number from the microcell management page, re-added it and then power-cycled the Priv it works fine. Note that it will show "4G" when connected to the microcell, not "microcell" like any normal non-AT&T basterdized phone will because of AT&T's stupid "4G" branding.

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Confirmed working with my Nokia DT900 wireless charger. It actually gives you a target spot that checks off when the alignment is in place.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton