File manager issue?????

DarkJoker33

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
So I'm coming from BB10. It's quite a change.
I'm trying to figure this out, and I don't seem to be getting anywhere with it.
I'm trying to move a file from my phone to SD card and I keep getting an error pictured/attached below.
I tried on both FK file commander(paid version) and es file explorer with the same result.
I can take a file from the SD and move it to the phone without issue though.

I can see the SD card path and even access it on the home screen of both apps as well.

I'm kinda lost being new to Android and all.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-11-08-16-44-29.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-11-08-16-44-29.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 155

DarkJoker33

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
More screen shot of the side menu not showing the sd card, but the main menu showing it

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-11-08-17-17-35.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-11-08-17-17-35.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 147
  • Screenshot_2015-11-08-17-23-25.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-11-08-17-23-25.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 149

shabbs

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
This looks to be a common issue... and it seems the Priv needs the SD card formatted as Fat32 in order to enable read/write permissions.

The GUIFormat utility by Ridgecrop Consultants Ltd can help format SD cards bigger than 32GB as Fat32.

Is this an Android thing? Or something with how the Priv handles SD cards?

DarkJoker33

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
Sorted it all out.
Removed all items from my SD card and put on my PC.
Then re-formatted the SD card to FAT32 and replaced all removed items to card.
Attempted transfer, worked flawlessly.

shabbs

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
Something to note that this does seem to be a bug in the exFAT driver on the Priv and I think a fix was coming. Using FAT32 on these huge MicroSD cards is not the greatest.

jpoulin587

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
There was an update to the exFAT driver yesterday but it did not fix this issue.

This is a really big deal and could be a deal-breaker. Not sure why this is not fixed already.

Posted via the Android Central App

shabbs

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
Michael Clewley hinted that a MR is coming that will address this issue... the updated exFAT driver did not fix everyone's issues...

https://twitter.com/MichaelClewley/status/667506698718810113

For those still having the issues, they'll need to continue with FAT32 formatted cards. When the fix does arrive, if it's confirmed, they'll need to re-format their card, backing up their data first of course and then copying it back. Painful if you have 64+ GB of data on there... heh heh.

DarkJoker33

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
Thanks ..I hope this works for me . I went through the exact same issues. 5 days on and off. Not sure how to do but must be on internet somewhere

Its real easy Don.
Here's the converter I downloaded FAT32 Format - Download on my PC.
I removed the SD card from the phone and put it in an adapter then into the slot in the PC.
Open the card up in the y computer section.
Made a new folder on my desk top
Selected all the files from the SD card and cut them and then pasted them onto the desktop folder.
Then open up the downloaded program, select you media card within the program and hit format.
It'll take a bit of time.
Once its done, Move the files back from the desktop folder to the SD card.
Then re-install the SD card into the phone, and now you can transfer files from the device memory to the SD card back and forth.
Also can now access the SD card for attaching whatever is on the SD card to an email, text, etc...

Don McAskin

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
Thanks . Will try. I did try a program called easeus....looked like all the steps were done till the last one and it came up with error...did it a few more, but same results. Will try this, then i will try a new SD card. I loved the Blackberry file manager, kept everything on it. Very little was on my device. Need to get the Blackberry file manager, alarm clock and calculator on the Priv. Have not been able to find anything to replace them...📂⌚📒

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I assumed I could use the standard android file transfer program when I connected the phone to my computer with a standard cable. No?

DarkJoker33

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
Thanks . Will try. I did try a program called easeus....looked like all the steps were done till the last one and it came up with error...did it a few more, but same results. Will try this, then i will try a new SD card. I loved the Blackberry file manager, kept everything on it. Very little was on my device. Need to get the Blackberry file manager, alarm clock and calculator on the Priv. Have not been able to find anything to replace them...📂⌚📒

BB10 File manager is king. It truly is. I never realized how spoiled I was with BB10 when I made the change to Android.
Check out my other thread. I did a mini pro and con after a week of use.
I mentioned a couple apps to make it similar to BB10.
Using the factory priority notification/volume setting, and an app called Glimmer, I kinda replicated BB10's bedside mode.

xNinjasapp

Jan 28, 2016
Visit site
Sounds like you figured it out -- android requires you to select the 'SD Card' folder in that pop-up in order to allow any application to edit the files on your SD card for Lollipop+

Acvdm

Sep 27, 2015
Visit site
I arranged my home screen so it mimmicks BB10. 😂

Call me old fashioned or what...

Attachments

• 1454186893842.jpg
    1454186893842.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 20
  • 1454186909210.jpg
    1454186909210.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 20

Don McAskin

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
I like that!!
I will try it, makes more sense.
Apparently blackberry is coming out with their own File Manager. This information was right from Blackberry. Maybe in the next release.