AT&T Employees on BB Priv: "We all want it!"

jpoulin587

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I went into my local ATT company store just outside Charlotte, NC to get my PRIV. The manager of the store told me that all the employees wanted the Priv for their company phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

j21jam6

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
I was just at an AT&T Store in Southern Illinois (small city). Interestingly enough on Thursday and Friday of last week they were sure that they wouldn't have any stock at all. All weekend long I searched the surrounding area to no avail. Today I found a few stores in St. Louis that had phones in stock so off I went. On the way out I just happened to call the local store again. Lo and behold they had a live demo unit but I was told that they couldn't say whether or not they had any in stock. Long story short. They had gotten so many calls about the Priv that somehow they managed to get a few. The manager told me that they can't keep em in stock because of the demand. Luckily for me I was sold one that someone was delinquent in picking up. Again this is somewhat surprising because I'm in a very small city. Nonetheless this phone seems to be in demand.

Posted one-handed via BlackBerry Passport

iToya

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I think there's a certain buzz about the Priv that can't be denied. I'm in a small town in southern New Jersey and was lucky enough to find the Priv at my local store. I checked online and the Priv was in stock at a bunch of stores in the surrounding stores on Friday and by Sunday the closest stores that had the phone were all in Pennsylvania. Even if they got low inventory at stores initially, you can't deny that they are selling what they have and that's a beautiful thing.

sxchan

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm new to the Androidcentral forums, since I used to have a BBRY PP and now have the Priv. So I go back and forth between the two forums, reading reviews and tips.

I agree with you all about the buzz about the phone and that people are interested in it. Even though it's different, people are still used to what they have been using and are still tainted by their bad experience with BBRY, so they are scared to try. I have used my Priv for a couple of weeks now and every time I am either typing away on it or use it to pay for coffee, I always have the key board out to show that it's a different phone and people are always asking what phone it is, that it looks so cool, etc. Well I tell them and they say they didn't know BBRY still made phones.

I hope in the next earnings call that there will be some positive reports about the phone and the sales. Even though they might be in small numbers at a time, it's selling.

cdubb1

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm new to the Androidcentral forums, since I used to have a BBRY PP and now have the Priv. So I go back and forth between the two forums, reading reviews and tips.

I agree with you all about the buzz about the phone and that people are interested in it. Even though it's different, people are still used to what they have been using and are still tainted by their bad experience with BBRY, so they are scared to try. I have used my Priv for a couple of weeks now and every time I am either typing away on it or use it to pay for coffee, I always have the key board out to show that it's a different phone and people are always asking what phone it is, that it looks so cool, etc. Well I tell them and they say they didn't know BBRY still made phones.

I hope in the next earnings call that there will be some positive reports about the phone and the sales. Even though they might be in small numbers at a time, it's selling.
Agree with this. I certainly hope they succeed. We need more options.