anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Nope. It only got warm when I first set it up downloading apps. I used the GPS for a couple hours today and it didn't get hot at all.

Posted via the BlackBerry Priv on the Android Central App

macolliejr

Jan 10, 2015
Visit site
Im not going to pretend to be any type of authority here and probably don't know what I'm talking about...but

Mine was also running hot. Also on AT&T purchased a few days after release. I don't know the mfg. date however. I've only had the phone during the work week so today is my first day to really go through it. I started this morning with it running hot as usual. Sat down and started going through processes and found that many of what I thought were native apps to my Samsung Note Edge had somehow made their way onto this phone in the transfer of data when I first got it. Also I noticed some of the ATT bloatware had resurfaced that I had originally disabled. After going through that and disabling everything again the heat went away. It might come back but for now it is gone. So my advice is to go through all apps and processes on the phone and make sure you didn't transfer in an incompatible app or process from your old phone. I'm not sure which thing I turned off cooled it down but seems to be the fix at least right now.

Posted via the Android Central App

smartvoyager

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Mine was crazy hot as well. I had to return it. It was a release day AT&T version. It got so hot I could not hold it. I was able to make it a little cooler by disabling advanced LTE but it was still too hot. I disabled all of the bloat and I did not bring over anything from my nexus (I did not restore). The phone would be nice and cool while I was not using it. I would then turn it on and within 5 minutes of browsing the web in chrome it got burning hot. Sometimes it was so hot you could feel it through the screen.

Once I read it was not just my phone doing this, I took it back. I have been using android for years and I know how to disable bloat and unwanted apps.

anon(522296)

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I had this issue as well and what I did was delete my emails from the hub and then reinstall them. I think there is something that when you use the initial blackberry app to setup the emails the hub keeps running. I had blackberry services creating a terrible wake lock I couldn't get rid of and it was so hot I couldn't hold it when using it just to write an email. I deleted them and reinstalled them through the hub, enabled never for sync and checked off push and now it's fine but it took a day to settle down. Also in your settings-accounts go to your email and uncheck it there as well that way your not getting a double sync.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I swap mine out att is out of stock and don't know when gthey will get more. Might return so I don't get stuck they said they would waive the restocking charge.

macolliejr

Jan 10, 2015
Visit site
I had this issue as well and what I did was delete my emails from the hub and then reinstall them. I think there is something that when you use the initial blackberry app to setup the emails the hub keeps running. I had blackberry services creating a terrible wake lock I couldn't get rid of and it was so hot I couldn't hold it when using it just to write an email. I deleted them and reinstalled them through the hub, enabled never for sync and checked off push and now it's fine but it took a day to settle down. Also in your settings-accounts go to your email and uncheck it there as well that way your not getting a double sync.

Funny you mention that because hub is one of the things I had on at first to try it but decided it wasn't what I really wanted so turned that off too. Maybe that alone was the solution and I didn't know it. Haven't had the heating issue since.

DOBIEFANkw

Oct 8, 2015
Visit site
Funny you mention that because hub is one of the things I had on at first to try it but decided it wasn't what I really wanted so turned that off too. Maybe that alone was the solution and I didn't know it. Haven't had the heating issue since.

My Priv ran warm the first few days, but is now normal. I made no changes to the phone, other than add new apps. I use the hub regularly.

crester

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Only time my Priv got warm was when I first started it and it was updating a large amounts of apps and system software. But in normal use it doesn't get that warm... and it's never been so hot that it's uncomfortable to hold.

Check to see if you have any rogue apps going crazy on your phone.

fozybear

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
I had the same problem with my Priv running hot! I reset my device, installed all updates, disabled gmail sync and then set my hub email. My Priv has been running nice and battery life improved. Love my BB running on Android.

Mark Sb

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
Nope. It only got warm when I first set it up downloading apps. I used the GPS for a couple hours today and it didn't get hot at all.

Posted via the BlackBerry Priv on the Android Central App

Same...mostly during set up...and just around the volume buttons. It goes away with use...just give it a few days...and do the updates. As far as battery life I am getting 24 hrs with around 5 hours sot depending on use. During testing I was able to get 26 hours with 8 hours sot.

Example:
My phone has been on for 17 hours already, and right now the battery app is telling me I have 1 day and 7 hours left with 1:30 sot and 65% charge.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agentirish