MMS/Group Messaging Issues

benjamin19

Trusted Member
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm a very experienced android users having issues with mms. I have seen previous threads that say to call att and opt out of HD calling, and I have done that but with no luck. I was hoping it would be a sim card issue, but I put my sim in my old Oneplus one and sure enough all group messages came through perfectly. Obviously this makes this a blackberry issue. My entire work utilizes group messages to coordinate (trust me, it bothers me just as much as you are thinking it would bother you, but I digress). Bottom line is I have to be able to receiver group texts on time and in correct sequence. Unfortunately I lost track and realized this is day 19 of purchasing, so I doubt they will give me any more grace period. I don't want a replacement phone because we all know those are refurbished. Just wanted to see if anyone else has encountered this issue. Basically group messages don't download, but there is a message in the senders individual thread that says couldn't download, touch to retry. I try to re-download it, sometimes it retrieves it, most of the time it doesn't.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Priv.

GuyWith4Kids

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
I had this problem. I had to get a new Sim and do a factory reset to fix it. No problems since

Posted via the Android Central App

benjamin19

Trusted Member
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I had this problem. I had to get a new Sim and do a factory reset to fix it. No problems since

Well, it looks like the Sim is fine since it worked on my old phone when I tested it. I factory reset the phone and it seems everything is coming through now. I'll keep this updated if anything changes as I see its not just a singular issue

SeltzerWater

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
Well, it looks like the Sim is fine since it worked on my old phone when I tested it. I factory reset the phone and it seems everything is coming through now. I'll keep this updated if anything changes as I see its not just a singular issue

Before you did a factory reset, did you have Pushbullet installed and syncing SMS to your computer? If so, that is your culprit.

benjamin19

Trusted Member
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Before you did a factory reset, did you have Pushbullet installed and syncing SMS to your computer? If so, that is your culprit.

No I don't use Pushbullet, but I do use MightyText, which is a similar service. Is it an issue of these services not working with BlackBerry or Android phones in general?

SeltzerWater

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
No I don't use Pushbullet, but I do use MightyText, which is a similar service. Is it an issue of these services not working with BlackBerry or Android phones in general?

BlackBerry really screwed up MMS on the Priv. It's been a nightmare. Try this before factory resetting:

Go to crackberry and search for a thread called "MMS Error on Priv on Telus". (Can't post links)

benjamin19

Trusted Member
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
BlackBerry really screwed up MMS on the Priv. It's been a nightmare. Try this before factory resetting:

Go to crackberry and search for a thread called "MMS Error on Priv on Telus". (Can't post links)

After my factory reset my phone has been flawless for the past week. I'm sure this is a simple software bug that will be easily fixed.

dmrfresh

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
I've been having problems and have tried all solutions I've read to date. Factory reset seemed to work for about a week then started getting unknown sender. Latest version of mms fail is the craziest. Sometimes a sender sends an sms over 160 characters, and the txt app (was hangouts, now textra) appends the wrong part of an older message to the current message (leading to much confusion). not having very basic txt capability is maddening. Anyone found a real solution?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech