Android virus?

christenmartin

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site
My phone launched to a site that stated there was a virus on my p|one and if I didn't download they're software in the next five minutes my battery would be compromised. Obvious BS but does any one know where it comes from and how to get rid of it? I'm sure the adware came in on a app but I don't download anything but pretty established apps. Nothing weird. I've never had a virus on a cell phone before but I'm noticing android is full of adware.

Posted via the Android Central App

benjamin19

Trusted Member
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I have had a few websites that are ad heavy do this. If you are sure none of your apps are the problem it may just be a chrome tab left open that is redirecting you. I would clear all apps in the recent apps menu and see if the problem happens again.

christenmartin

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site
I looked at my apps and it's been at least a week and a half since I down loaded an app and it was a really benign app that is well reviewed. I didn't think a Web site that was still open could launch it. That makes sense since that has happen several times on my pc. The website stated this BlackBerry priv has a virus! I don't know. Going to clear everything systematically and see what happens.

benjamin19

Trusted Member
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
That definitely sounds like a website issue. It's very easy for a website to know what type of device is accessing their website. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

anon(870071)

Trusted Member
Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
My phone launched to a site that stated there was a virus on my p|one and if I didn't download they're software in the next five minutes my battery would be compromised. Obvious BS but does any one know where it comes from and how to get rid of it? I'm sure the adware came in on a app but I don't download anything but pretty established apps. Nothing weird. I've never had a virus on a cell phone before but I'm noticing android is full of adware.

You didn't indicate specifically whether you launched the site or did the browser do it automatically!? Any activity that happens without you doing it is most likely an android virus! Also does it launch more tabs while you x out of them?

christenmartin

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site
You didn't indicate specifically whether you launched the site or did the browser do it automatically!? Any activity that happens without you doing it is most likely an android virus! Also does it launch more tabs while you x out of them?

Launched it while listening to the tunein. I just closed the website and deleted it and it hasn't happened again. Looking at my Web history it looked like it forwarded several times to 2 websites. I've been making sure that I clear my multitasking and have not seen it since.

murphcid

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
Get Avast Anti-virus for the phone, it also blocks a lot of the malware. Its free, and it works. Avast is a great anti-virus solution.

frifred

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I use TuneIn daily and find that it is very easy to accidentally open the ads, sometimes by just touching the open screen somewhere. This of course then starts your browser to direct you to the ad's website. I would imagine that some of these ads might be a bit misleading, which is why I never click on any ad in any app, at least not on purpose!

christenmartin

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site
I use TuneIn daily and find that it is very easy to accidentally open the ads, sometimes by just touching the open screen somewhere. This of course then starts your browser to direct you to the ad's website. I would imagine that some of these ads might be a bit misleading, which is why I never click on any ad in any app, at least not on purpose!

I think you may have figured it out. I have since launched a couple of ads from tunein on accident as well as other apps. Android is very ad intensive.

anon(870071)

Trusted Member
Jul 23, 2012
Visit site

NEVER click on anything that you don't understand,or weird otherwise as it may be fishing adware!

christenmartin

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site
NEVER click on anything that you don't understand,or weird otherwise as it may be fishing adware!

It was an accidental click. Like a **** click. I am new to android and have heard the horror stories of all the viruses and crap. I am finding a lot of what I've heard with android was bull. Except the advertising. Damn.

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, unfortunately TuneIn's ads are that type that are very easy to accidentally hit. A success for them, a failure for users. It used be a great app until all of the users that paid for pro were shunned when they changed their business model to make you pay monthly...even though we already paid for pro. BEE-ESS, yo. But, whatever. Life goes on. Now I have ads on TuneIn, but I also rarely use it now/. And I used to use it daily, if not several times a day. So, they ran me off successfully from their app, ha.

Google Play Music has kind of taken over, but I admit I keep TuneIn for those rainy days.

frisco49ers

Nov 14, 2015
Visit site
I have screens popping up and taking me to Google Play store when I launch blackberry hub, how can I fix it?

frisco49ers

Nov 14, 2015
Visit site
I have installed AVG, scanned, and everything is saying it is good. I am still having a screen open up, all white. Then another tab opens and it goes to the app store for me to download an app. This will happen all on its own, sometimes it will be open when I unlock my phone after I have not looked at it for awhile.

Should I do a factory reset??????

midnightdoom

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
I have installed AVG, scanned, and everything is saying it is good. I am still having a screen open up, all white. Then another tab opens and it goes to the app store for me to download an app. This will happen all on its own, sometimes it will be open when I unlock my phone after I have not looked at it for awhile.

Should I do a factory reset??????

Can you replicate it or is it random. Is it only with the Hub? I myself have not seen this on my phone..

Have you tried contacting BlackBerry to ask their opinion? I'd just send them a tweet or phone call and see what they say.. I've contacted them a few time's with success to my issues each time, so never know

But if all else fails back everything up and doing a restore could fix whatever is causing it.

*-* BBM Channel : Netflix Newsroom C003BA5E3 | Facebook.com/NetflixNewsroom *-*

frisco49ers

Nov 14, 2015
Visit site
It opens up a blank page, then opens up playstore and goes to wheel of Fortune most times. Some other game too.
I have had it come up when I unlock my phone after some time as well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12