March security update

predshaw

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
Yeah got the notification this morning, installed and done no problems. Not sure what was included but it was just a 17mb update, same as last time. It's good they are getting them out there as promised.

shabbs

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
Got mine this morning. 17MB. Updated and done.

Build version is now AAE016.

Security patch level is showing as March 1, 2016.

ToniCipriani

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Nothing at 6:43AM EST, but it appeared at 8:07AM. Update just done, lagged for about a minute when I was entering my pattern lock, and now running a bit warm. Think that's normal though, remembered my Xperia was like that too after a fresh ROM, needs time to settle.

This looks like a fairly big update, 128 chunks to optimize. Bigger than several months of nightlies combined on for my TouchPad.

shabbs

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
Nothing at 6:43AM EST, but it appeared at 8:07AM. Update just done, lagged for about a minute when I was entering my pattern lock, and now running a bit warm. Think that's normal though, remembered my Xperia was like that too after a fresh ROM, needs time to settle.

This looks like a fairly big update, 128 chunks to optimize. Bigger than several months of nightlies combined on for my TouchPad.
I think I had 194 chunks to optimize... interesting that it's different. What would the reason be for that?

shabbs

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
SOT seems to have improved. Been using it all morning with email and messaging, 1:45, at 69% battery.
I have not had a lot of chance to really give heavy SOT and usage a test lately... just no time... but I have noticed that I've got a lot more left in the tank lately at the end of the day, which is very nice. Could be due to low SOT and usage though. Need a weekend away to give it a real test.

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I think I had 194 chunks to optimize... interesting that it's different. What would the reason be for that?

If you guys are referring to what I think you're referring to, then you're talking about the OS optimizing how many apps you have installed.

Posted via the Android Central App

shabbs

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
If you guys are referring to what I think you're referring to, then you're talking about the OS optimizing how many apps you have installed.
OK - so it's a direct relation to how many apps you have installed... man, clearly I have too many. ;)

kach474

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Do you think the Verizon wireless version of the Priv will get the security updates as frequently? Or as with many of their branded phones they get left behind.

D

Deleted member 2678566

App optimization can be a bit of a ball ache but I much prefer the updates. I think they are necessary.

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I haven't been able to search the phone from the Google app since this update. :(

I may call BlackBerry to complain. It's driving me nuts. That's how i usually look up friends to call, text, or find their address to navigate. And it $&-$@ stopped working with this update.