Hi everyone,
    It's my first post here so let me know if anything need to be change:

I work in an IT company and one of my client bought a Blackberry Priv a few months ago. Everything is working fine on the phone but when I synchronize the contacts from his exchange account the contacts app keep crashing (he have over 8000 contacts). The blackberry support made me try a few things without success:
    -Import contact from a CSV
    -Force stop the app, remove the account from the phone, clear data and cache on contacts app and update it, sync the contact again

Finally I installed a third party app and sync his contact in it and it's working fine this way but he would really like to be able to work with the real contacts app.

I posted it first on the cranberry forum but they told me to try it here since the OS is Android.

Thanks for your help
    04-05-2016 09:51 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! I moved this to the Priv forum.

Does your client depend on the exchange account, or would he be willing to migrate to Google Contacts instead? That would probably be easiest--export the contacts into a .CSV file (which it sounds like you've already done), then import that .CSV file into Google Contacts: https://support.google.com/mail/answer/14024?hl=en. Then, from now on, use Google Contacts on the phone or on the web to enter or edit contacts.

If he needs the exchange account, then try also clearing cache/data from the Contacts Storage app (if you see one in the Settings>Apps>All​ list).
    04-05-2016 03:43 PM